Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tigerstripes

Article about: Won these in an eBay auction, 45 bucks CAD. Got my doubts they are originals as not even the seller seems to know, but they were cheap and if they're originals, all the better for me. If the

The 1968 movie "The Green Berets" hated by the critics, made the tiger stripe uniform a star. Filmed in mid 1967 the uniforms used were manufactured in the US from Japanese made fabric (such as used in originals). Possibly the smallish slim cut Vietnamese made uniforms were too small for the actors.

TigerstripesTigerstripes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tigerstripes
    P
    Many

Photo of Australian SAS troops wearing Tigerstripes, Vietnam 1969 at a hill top Montagnard tribal village.

Tigerstripes
    Last edited by Anderson; 06-04-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Photo of New Zealand SAS troops wearing Tigerstripes, Vietnam 1969 at a hill top Montagnard tribal village.

Tigerstripes
    That be Aust Captain Peter Shilston left note the WW2 BAR belt use!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-04-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added pic x2 and text

Thank you Rene, for the correction. A case of incorrect referencing on another site so I'll change the original post. Mind you the guy on the right could pass for a Maori, perhaps source of original mistake. And I believe NZSAS did operate with the ASAS on some operations.

Be aware VNW Tigers will usually have a white tag marker AS, AM, AL The A is for Asian. I still see them at flee markets on the US at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2