Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Boot Combat Tropical Mildew Resistant '66

Article about: Whacking up a pair of minty ones with the instruction booklet thingy

Default US Boot Combat Tropical Mildew Resistant '66

Whacking up a pair of minty ones with the instruction booklet thingy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US Boot Combat Tropical Mildew Resistant '66
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Back in the day (early 80's?) these were what the cool kids wore to school. So I went out and bought a pair and wore them for a few years. My feet never hurt so much. I still have them though.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Back in the day (early 80's?) these were what the cool kids wore to school. So I went out and bought a pair and wore them for a few years. My feet never hurt so much. I still have them though.
    Ahh back in the mid 80's I found a repro pair at the disposals and dyed em dark purple!! got the girley's hey!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ahh back in the mid 80's I found a repro pair at the disposals and dyed em dark purple!! got the girley's hey!!
    I didn't need to dye my boots to get the girls!

I was told they were comfortable but for me they weren't. Maybe mine were repro's? They came with this semi flexible/removable insoles that were made of plastic "thread" that was "weaved" like coarse burlap...apparently designed to let the water/moisture stay way from the soles of your feet. But they felt like sandpaper.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Back in those day's the more fortunate had the "Doc's" or the rest had the GP's. me the o'l vibram's

They were the most comfortable boots I ever wore when I was in. They broke in in about 4 hours of wear and lasted for my whole 2 year stint in Germany. The combat boots in the 80s all had that weird insole, Map. With the issue wool socks, I never noticed them. I wish I could find another pair.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I didn't need to dye my boots to get the girls!

I was told they were comfortable but for me they weren't. Maybe mine were repro's? They came with this semi flexible/removable insoles that were made of plastic "thread" that was "weaved" like coarse burlap...apparently designed to let the water/moisture stay way from the soles of your feet. But they felt like sandpaper.
    oh no yours would have been genuine, the insole is the spike protection. Here's a '88 panama.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Whack 'em up when you can Mate

MAP
    ?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    They were the most comfortable boots I ever wore when I was in. They broke in in about 4 hours of wear and lasted for my whole 2 year stint in Germany. The combat boots in the 80s all had that weird insole, Map. With the issue wool socks, I never noticed them. I wish I could find another pair.
    Quote by reneblacky View Post
    oh no yours would have been genuine, the insole is the spike protection. Here's a '88 panama.
    Great info gents. As noted I still have them. I leave them up at the "farm". Next time I go I'll pull them out and check. Didn't know that those insoles were for spike protection. Guess that is why they were so hard on my feet. I still will slip them on now and then when we are clearing and cutting sections of the property where there are natural springs and the ground is basically a big muddy messy bog.

That's a great example Rene, as most we see these days in that condition are the later ones with the Panama sole. I had a pair with the same Vietnam era sole made by Bata. The secret to making these boots comfortable is to throw away the mould resistant sole liner and replace it with a contoured liner out of a running shoe. Increases comfort hugely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast