Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Fantasy

Article about: This buckle that I still hold is well known to the forum, although I think that it is lurking or hidden within other threads. Perhaps it deserves a dedicated thread. In my opinion, a pure fa

Default Fantasy

This buckle that I still hold is well known to the forum, although I think that it is lurking or hidden within other threads.

Perhaps it deserves a dedicated thread.

In my opinion, a pure fantasy item rather than being a fake and despite appearing in several buckle reference works. There is within the latter, mention to examples in steel and brass, however I for one have never seen this buckle in anything other than a light aluminium type alloy.

Does anyone else hold one of these fantasy buckles?

Regards and best wishes,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fantasy
    P
    Many

I am sure I have seen one is brass, at work at mo so will look later when I get home. Hope all is going well
    Ben

Dear Ben

Greatly appreciated.

This fantasy buckle has been around now for over 35 years and a little more research if possible, may be interesting.

All is well in China and thankyou for asking.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Hello David I have never seen one of these in brass. There is a brass one with the swastika in a different style, you recently your example. I was trying to buy a collection a few years ago and it included one of these fantasy buckles. Here is the only photo I have. All the best. Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fantasy  
    Last edited by kirby; 07-13-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Dear Kirby

Thankyou for your response.

The image that you so kindly provided has brought back bitter/sweet memories. One of two trays if I remember correctly. My interest in trying to buy the same collection was for one buckle only.

Yes, you are correct, the inclusion of the fantasy buckle which is the subject of this thread.

Although unable to be substantiated, my thoughts are that this buckle is in one form only. No brass or steel examples which is not really surprising when considering the gossipy anecdote of the buckles origin.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Hello David

There were. 5 buckles I wanted in the collection and I am sure with a hands on inspection i would have found more. To bad the guy didn't call me at the SOS. I thought I made a substantial offer and would have gone up after an inspection. I wonder who ended up with them.

Hope everything is going well. Garry say hi.

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fantasy  

p38
    ?

some rares ones !

Emmanuel