Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection

Article about: Hey gang! I've been after one of these buckles for YEARS and was finally able to acquire one around X-mas time (a gift to myself). It arrived today from the US (Thanks Bill!) and I'm quite h

Default Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection

Hey gang! I've been after one of these buckles for YEARS and was finally able to acquire one around X-mas time (a gift to myself). It arrived today from the US (Thanks Bill!) and I'm quite happy to have it added to the collection. Introduced in or around 1920 but I don't have all that much information on it. Any one have more details or info about these buckles? Are they considered Freikorps or another type of Veterans' org.?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Very happy to have it added to the collection.
    Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection   Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection  

Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection   Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection  

Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection   Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection  

Attached Images Attached Images Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Freikorps / Veteran org. buckle added to collection

Nice buckle Rob and a great addition to any collection
    Ben

Thanks Ben! I've been after one of these for a long time.....feels good!

Rob

Another excellent estand pick-up, Rob! I'd love to get one of these for my collection at some point.

Best,
    Adam

Hello Rob

A super addition to your collection and congratulations.

To my knowledge, this buckle (together with many others of course) has not as yet been clearly identified as to whom the intended wearer was. If I had to make a guess, I would say that it was a "cottage industry" manufactured buckle, eventually to be privately bought by those who had served during the Great War. As such, perhaps a commemorative rather than a specific organisations buckle.

A rare buckle and I think appealing to both Imperial and Weimar focused collectors.

Regards,

David

Glad you like it gentlemen! David...Thanks so much for your insight on these buckles. I do not have a lot of experience with these and my knowledge is quite limited. It would be great to find a period of pic of one of these in wear to help ID the true purpose of the buckle.
    I appreciate your help, my friend!
    Cheers guys!

Rob