Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The iron front buckle

Article about: As far as I have heard - apparently it is difficult to get this stated, as hardly anybody has written evidence - the 3 arrows (known as the three "arrows of freedom") should be in

Default The iron front buckle

I finally was able to pick one these rare buckles up. Thought you might enjoy seeing it.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The iron front buckle   The iron front buckle  

The iron front buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The iron front buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: The iron front buckle

Hello,

very interest buckle !

Are the arrows soldert on the Roundel ?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Markus,Yes, they are soldered to the rondel. You can see the thin solder around the edges. The arrows are made from a single piece of what I believe is nickel as it is non-magnetic.

Bill

Bill interesting buckle and a first for me, do you know the back ground of this type of buckle?
    Ben

Hello,

there remains some skepticism about .........

But i also must say it's the first one for me , but the solderpoints on backside and the soldered arrows are not my friends .

Thats only my opinion for the style of this unusual buckle .

The patina appears somewhat artificial .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Hello Bill,
    unfortunately the guy who sold this and many other buckles at ebay is well known for that he likes to mix almost perfectly original and fake buckle parts. I forgot his ebay-name. Was it "Ulan08" or so? But I think if You tell the name, Guido L. will confirm this story. At least I think he was the one who heard the story from the guy himself and told it to me later. Because of that and because I also bought a very doubtful buckle from him a few years ago, I wouldn't buy anything from that guy anymore. That's why I also passed this doubtless interesting buckle. He is very often selling rare "original" Weimar era buckles at ebay. Unfortunately it is very easy to solder an original or fake three-arrow-pin to a buckle...
    It may not be the case with this buckle, but I would be careful with this seller.
    Best regards, Thomas

Thanks for the responses. It is interesting how a buckle that is rarely seen on the market is almost immediately branded as a possible fake. This exact buckle is shown in the 2nd edition of Angolia's book. I looked very carefully at the arrows and they are perfectly cut and attached w/solder(Markus please tell me how else these arrows would have been attached ;by a pin? maybe but not visible without disasembly or glue???,and the rondel is correct as is the box and the prong bars.. To answer Ben's question -- this was a Communist Left wing org. that merged with the Communist party and was subseqently banned in 1933. (Ref. Angolia's book).

Bill

?

Hello Bill,
    I was mistaken with the sellers name. I apologize if there is someone with the ebay-name "Ulan08". I think the sellers ebay-name is "8ergarde49". As I said, although the man is known for his doing, it is not said that this special piece or parts of it are faked. There are indeed pictures of such buckles. And the three-arrow-sign is known. If completely original, it is a very scarce buckle. In that case congratulations!
    Best, Thomas

Many thanks for that Bill, again a buckle I had not encountered or knew nothing about (until now )
    Ben

What is this buckle supposed to be for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast