Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm

Article about: David, What a great grouping of Stahlhelmbund buckles. I love the different helment shapes. Can't come close to topping yours but will post mine as time permits but soon. Regards, Bill

?

Default Re: Stahlhelmbund

Last ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm
    P
    Many

Kirby

I think that perhaps you thought (quite rightly of course) that I was playing "The Devils Advocate" when I asked if you had any Der Stahlhelm buckles to show !

Super and many thanks !!

This thread is and I am sure that all will agree, a remarkable, distinct and unique data base in relation to the Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Stahlhelm-Landsturm buckle.

Regards,

David

?

This thread is surely one of the best ever to appear on any forum. To bring it back up, and also because I've been playing with my new camera, here are pictures of my 40mm brass Stahlhelm Landsturm.

Best regards, Kurt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Kurt! What a great looking buckle. One style that I've not seen before. Looks very interesting indeed! Thanks!

Rob

Kurt

After again having had a squint at this thread, I can only agree that it is quite special and I do not think that there is a Stahlhelmbund and Jung-Stahlhelmbund "data base" on any other forum that compares.

Ben and I are going to "pin" the thread and in order that it does not disappear into obscurity.

Your 40mm version of the "Landsturm" is super. To date, I only know of two 45mm examples of the green Landsturm buckle and which is odd to say the least. There must surely be other examples out there ?

Regards,

David

?

Default Re: Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm

David,

Thanks for pinning this thread making it more easily accessible for quick reference.

I seem to recall the Stahlhelm Landsturm was a quite short-lived sub-organisation, before being absorbed into the main Stahlhelm. It seems at first membership of the Stahlhelm was restricted to persons having actual military service in WW1 (not neccessarily front-line duty), then the youth section was added, and finally to broaden its appeal, membership was extended to anybody who had done any military service, whether in WW1 or before . These people were at first put in the Landsturm section.

Still, it is odd that so few examples are known in collections. When Marc first showed his steel buckle it raised quite a stir, as nobody (at least, no collector) had ever seen an actual example before. All we had to confirm this pattern's existence was the period advertisement.

My steel buckle came "out of the woodwork" to a US dealer who at first didn't realise what he had. You will remember that story to include the perhaps somewhat unfortunate circumstances of my getting it.

I can only surmise the problem is that the steel buckle is not shown in any collector reference books. The uninitiated might simply walk by one not recognising it for what it is.

Let's see how long it will take for another one to emerge!

Best regards,
    Kurt

Kurt,

A great buckle and quite rare. I will show mine again for comparison soon. I am a bit confused by the most recent comments however. What steel "Landstrum" is everyone refering to? Yours is brass, as is mine. Anway, will post pics tomorrow.

Bill

?

Quote by Buckle1 View Post
    Kurt,

A great buckle and quite rare. I will show mine again for comparison soon. I am a bit confused by the most recent comments however. What steel "Landstrum" is everyone refering to? Yours is brass, as is mine. Anway, will post pics tomorrow.

Bill
    Bill,
    David's steel Landsturm is shown in post #25, and mine in post #41. Please do show us your brass example!
    Best regards, Kurt

Kurt, et al,
    Wow, must have been really late at nite when I posted the last thread. I thought you were referring to the last post showing your 35 mm brass landsturm buckle. I do not own the steel steel Stahlhelm/Landsturm buckle you referenced. Only wish I did.
    Bill

OK,

Here is my "Landsturm" buckle. I believe I showed this before in another thread. Anyway the buckel measures approx 40mm x 70mm. note thr catch. This came from Weitze and I believe was one of Marc's buckles. There was another 45 mm one that I missed. This buckle came with the original brown belt the fits the backward facing catch like a glove. A great thread. We need to keep it going.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast