Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm

Article about: David, What a great grouping of Stahlhelmbund buckles. I love the different helment shapes. Can't come close to topping yours but will post mine as time permits but soon. Regards, Bill

Default Re: Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm

Fabulous buckle Bill, however I am not quite sure as to whether it may be regarded as Stahlhelmbund-Landsturm.

To myself it appears to be a Great War commemorative type.

There is the lack of the very distinct cross, the steel helmet and the evocative date of 1924.

It really makes no difference though as it is a remarkable "veterans" buckle in may ways.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm
    P
    Many

That is a superb buckle! I absolutely love it! What a rare piece!!

Thanks for showing!

Rob

firstly what a great thread this is. the buckles shown are stunning.

i have this picture that clearly shows what looks like a small shb helmet attached to the top of the buckle. this buckle i have not seen before. i was wondering if someone could shed some light on it please

regards

chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

i got this belt and buckle only last week. i know not in prestine condition but with the belt i thought well worth what i paid. hope you like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

Hello Chris

Good to see you here and we look forward to your future contributions.

Two posts and both are very interesting.

A good looking buckle and one which I think is now becoming quite difficult to find. From my experience, this buckle is often found with a very crude, cast brass claw arrangement. I wonder if yours is similarly so or perhaps it has the more conventional pin, pin shroud and claw arrangement? What is the marking on the strap by the way? Is it a makers logo or does it have a Der Stahlhof association?

The period image is intriguing and I have rattled it through PhotoShop in order to try and enhance, without any success. To be honest Chris, what you are suggesting is a first for me. The two chaps to the viewers left are wearing a strange buckle and strap (40mm strap perhaps?) and yes, there appears to be a tiny glint of light on the top of the buckle. I thought at first it was purely light reflective, however your comments have made me wonder. Quite simply, I have never seen or heard of a buckle as you suggest. Do you have any other images or information to share? Sorry that I cannot be of more help and perhaps one of the boys who also have a predilection for Der Stahlhelm, may have something to add.

Regards,

David

hi david and thankyou,
    yes the claw is very crude . the mark is not shb related so can only be the m/m for the belt i assume?

i attach some more pics for you. i think if you try the same eg photoshop you will agree its not light reflecting. if not i am willing to send you the pics. under an eye glass it looks like a small helmet attached

have i stumbled on an unknown buckle ?? that i do not know but hope someone has seen this before
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm   Stahlhelmbund, Jung-Stahlhelmbund and Landsturm  

new picture arrived today. i am showing as it shows the belt buckle in question again

Well Chris, you can totally forget our recent exchange of "private messages", as by your last post, you have certainly bowled a wonderfully welcome googly. Unbelievable! Your theory seems to be true and I have never seen anything like this before. It would appear that this chap (from the ultimate image) and as with certain others, is wearing an "open frame" buckle whereupon, a small steel helmet emblem has been affixed to the top of the horizontal frame. To my knowledge, this has never been seen or discussed before and to my knowledge, the buckle does not appear in any of the well thumbed buckle reference publications.

Congratulations, many thanks and perhaps, Kurt or any other members interested in Der Stahlhelm, may wish to further comment.

Regards,

David

I see what you mean now, the open claw buckle has a helmet on top of it (DOH) well that is a first for me, I have never seen a buckle like that in my collecting time!
    Ben

thankyou for replies. with more than one photo i have showing this buckle i don't think i have gone totally mad be nice to get to the bottom of this unknown
    i am sorry i cannot add anymore about the buckle as only came across it in some recent photos i picked up. the photo's i can assure are all period and not tampered with

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast