Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Steel Weimer Feuerwehr

Article about: This is the second of my arrivals which may be going back yet!!! When I bought this buckle I actually thought it was a nice nickel buckle. However it is in fact made of steel. Here is my con

Default Steel Weimer Feuerwehr

This is the second of my arrivals which may be going back yet!!! When I bought this buckle I actually thought it was a nice nickel buckle. However it is in fact made of steel. Here is my concern (pre war buckles are not really my area) I thought pre war buckles from the Weimar period were made of nickel and not steel, does anyone know if they used steel in that era or does anyone else have a period buckle from this time made of steel other than the Imperial ones which I know they started to use steel. My other concern is the ears, for me in that triangle shape I do not really like and these are found on a lot of fake buckles. On the plus side, I do not believe these buckle are faked (as yet) and why would you fake a buckle that not worth much in the first place! Gents your opinions are most welcome and please post other examples if you have them

- - Updated - -

PS sorry about the pics, very bad light here today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unmarked steel Feuerwher Front.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	421280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unmarked steel Feuerwher Rear.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	421281  

Last edited by Ben Evans; 11-09-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Steel Weimer Feuerwehr

Hi Ben....I think the buckle is legit: it's not a reproduction.....but....that said - I think it may be a much more modern manufactured buckle. Are these still not in use, or perhaps they date from the '70's?
    More opinions are always welcome....I could be off..but I think it's a real post war buckle.

Cheers !!

Rob

Hey Rob, and all, after having a chat with other collectors my gut feeling was correct, the buckle is indeed a post war made version and not Weimar.
    Ben

Allow (if not, feel free to delete!)me to add a part of the uniform that was probably worn along with that buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lo 090.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	422174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lo 094.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	422175  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hey Rob, and all, after having a chat with other collectors my gut feeling was correct, the buckle is indeed a post war made version and not Weimar.
    That makes the helmet not relevant...!
    |<
    cheers
    |<ris

Hi Kris, is that a post war helmet?
    Ben

No , Ben, sorry!
    It is turn of the century ( 1900 ), but some were used untill the late 50' ties and 60' ties.
    |<
    cheers
    |<ris

Thanks mate, they look like a similar construction to the Picklehaub
    Ben