Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

VDA und CVJM

Article about: Bill, David the shown three solder points scout buckle is post war, I must admit. Sorry, I didn't point that out, but I still like it. And it is not a fake, but just post war production. I f

Default Re: VDA und CVJM

Bill, David
    the shown three solder points scout buckle is post war, I must admit.
    Sorry, I didn't point that out, but I still like it. And it is not a fake, but just post war production. I feel the same for most of the scout buckles with the "Allzeit Bereit" on the shield. This one has been produced pre and post war - so can tell which is which ?

For the "Jungstum Voran" - I don't think, this existed period. I met a guy at a german militaria dealer in north germany, who claimed to produce most of these fakes; told me, he/his boss found/bought the original dies for alot of buckles in the seventies at... Overhoff ! True or not - who knows ?

And - fellows - thanks for showing your amazing buckles.
    There are so many interesting Weimar period buckles. We should start seperate threads.

Thomas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VDA und CVJM
    P
    Many

Dan D
    ?

My contributions to this very enlightening thread. I have had this for a while now and consider it to be a scout type buckle with belt. Not a very large belt but the buckle and catch asssembly are nicely manufactured in solid brass. There is some barely red legiable writing on the inside of the belt which reads "147 or 143 PF" or
    " '47 PF or '43 PF".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VDA und CVJM   VDA und CVJM  

VDA und CVJM   VDA und CVJM  

VDA und CVJM  

Dan D
    ?

similar type already posted but here is mine!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VDA und CVJM   VDA und CVJM  

Hallo the ;; P :: is the Katholischer Jungmännerverband Deutschlands.

To everyone, thanks for showing some really super and hard to find buckles. I agree with Thomas on the "Voran" I only have seen one that I nthought might have been legit back a few years on eaby. It had the enamel flag and a leather tab. Missed it by - that much. With that said every one since has been very suspect. Here a the rest of my CVJM buckles plus a Maltese EM buckle.
    Dan you buckle is very similar to one of mine which is coming up.
    Enjoy.

Bill

As mentioned before, perhaps Ben or I should closely examine this fantastic thread and put the amazing buckles posted into some semblance of order for future reference.

Bill,

The last buckle that you have shown - what do you regard it as - Jung Deutscher Orden ?

Regards,

David

Der letzte Schnalle, die Sie gezeigt haben - was machen Sie betrachten es als - Jung Deutscher Orden?

Hallo es könnte polizei Malta sein .
    Diese form der Auflage kenne ich vom JDO nicht.

koppel71

I too do not recognise the "Maltese Cross" buckle as JDO. That is why I would be very interested in Bills comments.

Regards,

David

David, et al,

I really don't know what this buckle is. Reid has a picture of an officers buckle in his revised edition and lists it as unidentified Hohenzollern royal or Imperial court buckle of the Teutonic Knight order. Reid also states that the Officers buckle may be for military wear. I picked this up at a show years ago when I was collecting Imperial buckles. Based on Reid's comments it is a stretch to call it Weimar period, but I really like it and just thought I would show it since the cross is in fact similar to the Jugend Weimar period cross.

Bill

Thankyou Bill, fully understood.

I too rather like these super size Maltese Cross buckles, although I do not understand them.

When I saw yours, it just rang a bell with the one attached and which I do not think is JDO.

Not sure if we have a JDO thread and if not, I will start one.

Regards,

David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast