Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

Article about: A marvel and a kind of undoing of the forces of time with adroit craft and art. I should send you a cap of mine for your magic hands. Many warm thanks and congratulations on your fine collec

Default Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

Hi

Well I thought my Christmas cap had been and gone and then in a space of a week or so another window of opportunity to spend the kids presents money arrives..........so I took it.

On the face of it a knackered old contract cap..............only with a field grey cap band which sparked my interest......

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

but with an added twist...................

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

Question is can it be made better.................

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks
    P
    Many

First a good clean with the steamer and re-shape

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

The piping comes up real clean (sometimes) and has worked on this cap nicely

Moth hole damage limitation, extra tricky with tricot material

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

This requires a couple of applications as first the colour is slightly lighter on the treated areas but a little bit later
    it is as if it had never been there (well nearly)

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

cap band mothing...........

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

sow the peak back on alongside the sweatband and fix tear.

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks   Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks  

add insignia and hey presto.......

Another Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other RanksAnother Cap Rescue.....Infantry Other Ranks

.....................just add to the display room and the cap belonging to Schütze Seeger of JR13 is next to Oberleutnant Meyer's cap of JR6.

Thanks for looking.

cheers

Tony

?

A budding conservator in our midst. Nice work.

great job.

Excellent job on this cap.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Excellent job on this cap.........!
    No doubt

Outstanding.

Cheers
    Nuno

You are a cap surgeon!

Fine work that takes the right touch, congrats on a successful result.

Wunderbar!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast