Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

bringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry cap

Article about: Hi Here's another rescue story of a poor abandoned an unloved cap I picked up and have restored to its former glory. Firstly this was sold to me as a WW1 infantry/cavalry cap. It had yellow

Red face bringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry cap

Hi

Here's another rescue story of a poor abandoned an unloved cap I picked up and have restored to its former glory.

Firstly this was sold to me as a WW1 infantry/cavalry cap. It had yellow piping and black velvet cap band and inside lots of unit stampings.

The yellow piping was infact very aged white piping, the black velvet band glued on and the stamps were for an infantry regiment in the Reichswehr.

The only odd thing about the stamps was the BA X 1917 : for acceptance into the military korps 10 of old imperial army based in hannover . Still not figured that out ?

Any suggestions welcome.

Here come the pics....

bringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry capbringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry capbringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry capbringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry capbringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement bringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: bringing back to life a Reichswehr Infantry cap

Can't explain the 1917 stamp to be honest but it's a lovely cap none the less.

I read somewhere recently that in the 1920's 30's, there were Great War re-enactor groups and uniforms were made for this market. Whether it's true or not, I don't know but it did grab my attention!

Hi Ben

I read a similar thing about Imperial regimental peaked caps being made in the 1930's for the veterans market.

If thats the case it means you could buy today a 1930's reproduction Imperial cap that is not a fake as it's probably made by an original manufacturer to the same specifications but not in the actual era the cap was intended.

Get your head round that dilema !

?

Weird isn't it! reproduction caps made in the 1930's!

Bump.....

A great example of things not being what they first appear..........or how to turn a collecting purchase "mess up" into a positive.

Any more "I can't believe I just bought this" stories out there ?

I have several others .....sadly but hey we live and learn.

cheers

Tony