Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fencing cap

Article about: Hello, Was just going thru some stuff and remembered I have this fencing cap(?). I know i have inquired about it quite a while ago, but don't know on which forum. In any case, I have what is

?

Default Fencing cap

Hello,
    Was just going thru some stuff and remembered I have this fencing cap(?). I know i have inquired about it quite a while ago, but don't know on which forum. In any case, I have what is I believe a cap for one of the german student fencing societies and wonder if I can get some further info and also, in this type of shape, not the best, is this of any value to a collector? It's not something in my collecting area at all just happened to get it along with a helmet I think. There is writing on the inside of the cap which has the name Hans Wibel I think and AR! or RV!. Also some other date and word strassbourg.
    thanks for any help or info.
    Duzig(Bill)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fencing cap   Fencing cap  

Fencing cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fencing cap
    P
    Many

more a students cap.

Hi

It's a patriotic themed students cap by the look of things, and from the manufacturing style probably pre 1918 IMO.

Nice cap for those that collect but not one you can retire on..........hope that helps.

cheers

Tony

?

Hello,
    Thank you both for your replies and info. Didn't realize that it might be of pre 1918 manufacture, thanks for that info. Regarding value, a ball park figure? 10 bucks, 50 bucks? As mentioned it's not something I collect so any info is appreciated.
    thanks again,
    Duzig(Bill)

?

Burschenschaft Allemannia Heidelberg

They are still active and are wearing the same kind of hats today.
    This cap is from the 1920is. you have some rips in the hat, caused by "Vaterlandsstechen"
    In the upper part of the picture 2 you can read the owners name and the sign of his fraternity.
    In the middle there are the names possibly of his fraternal friends with the date and the place of this ceremony.: Heidelberg and Straßburg. With imagination you can read 22 for 1922.

There are collectors of fraternal equipment in Germany but I do not know if hats are also collected. Better to ask the fraternity itself.

?

Unimoc, thank you very much for that information. It is appreciated! I just might contact that fraternity and inquire about this cap.
    thanks again
    Duzig(Bill)