Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)

Article about: Werwolf. Credit: Robin Lumsden

Bismarckjugend (1922-1933)!

It was the youth organization of the DNVP. I had never had a cap from the Bismarckjugend, but here is a cap badge made by St.&L.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)   Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)
    P
    Many

Very nice material of extraordinary rarity.

M-15 Generalstab visor that was used postwar by Dr. Walter Chemnitz when he was a member of the Deutsche Soldatenpartei:
    Credit: CTF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)   Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Sani Gray-top for a Freikorps organization:

Last edited by stonemint; 02-03-2015 at 06:21 PM.

?

A wonderful set of visor hats!

I unfortunately own no caps, but as a collector of cap badges I have roughly a dozen cockades from KPD, RFB, Reichsbanner SRG, Eiserne Front, Arbeiter Turn und Sportbund and Antifaschistische Aktion.

I find of particulr interest the RFB caps displayed here, given their rarity (which unfortunately affects also RFB cockades, scarce and expansive).

I see reference has been made to the RFB catalogue published in the DDR, an invaluable source I added to my library some months ago with great pleasure.

Now, I only have a question concerning the cap stars pinned on two caps displayed in this thread. In a nutshell, it seems to me those stars are Soviet-made. One seems to adhere to the design of the M36 model, which was however also replicated in the post-war period with small differences.

The other seems to me an early post-war variation.

This would therefore made it impossible for them to have been used by the RFB before the Nazi takeover. Naturally, I can only speculate. More detailed photos of the stars would give us more material for discussion.

On the contrary, this star seems rather uncommon and I'd love to give it an up-close look, if that is possible!

JDO (Jungdeutscher Orden) Officer Visor:
    EUR 756.00.

Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)   Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)  

Last edited by stonemint; 09-05-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Unknown paramilitary visor:

Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)   Freikorps & Paramilitary Headgear (non-ShB)  

Iron Division:

Reichsbanner 1st & 2nd type insignia:

?

Fantastic thread here. Several of the caps shown look like Stahlhelm caps even though they dont have the usual Stahlhelm pin on them, frequently placed between the two cockades on the front of the cap.

Robt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast