Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M19... is it really? Authenticity in question

Article about: Hi folks, just wanted to say this section is an excellent resource for a rather obscure time period. If I may get some help on a hat of mine I'd appreciate it, some details dont sit well wit

?

Default M19... is it really? Authenticity in question

Hi folks, just wanted to say this section is an excellent resource for a rather obscure time period.

If I may get some help on a hat of mine I'd appreciate it, some details dont sit well with me.
    The eagle has been flagged as a fake on another site, and after some homework I agree. Im unsure of the kokarde/oak leaves (not a TR collector)...and I have yet to see a period photo someone wearing one of these hats with TR insignia, but I'd really like to get some eyes on the hat itself, is it a real M19? The leather sweatband and black fabric liner makes me think twice, and it reminds me of the fake WW1 feldmutze with leather bands etc.

I welcome your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M19... is it really?  Authenticity in question   M19... is it really?  Authenticity in question  

M19... is it really?  Authenticity in question   M19... is it really?  Authenticity in question  

Attached Images Attached Images M19... is it really?  Authenticity in question  M19... is it really?  Authenticity in question  M19... is it really?  Authenticity in question 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M19... is it really?  Authenticity in question
    P
    Many

That's a stinker, made from overcoat textiles.

M19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionContrast..photos courtesy Shea.

?

Agreed
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

M19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionAs a matter of note, the textiles for headwear, the blouse and or tunic, the breeches and the coat generally were each of a different weight.
    The trend exists to consume unwanted overcoats for other fake items, all to the detriment of the real item and the poor loser who is stuck with a silly fake.

- - ------- - -

notice also crown piping, which is really abysmal.

Mr. Spandau here is very expert in all Weimar epoch things.

?

Interesting. Thank you for the additional information.
    The material thickness is strange, and oddly similar to my WW1 tunic. However the liner really raised a red flag as I started researching more. What I'd expect to see is the simple white cotton interior, no leather band and at least the HBAB + date stamp like Bill Shea's hat in post #3, which looks good.

Are there any guesses to when these hats started hitting the market? Apparently the hat that started this thread was bought 30 years ago.

Again, thank you for the help.

Hi

All been said already.

Sorry it is a bad one, very frustrating for you as a collector I'm sure but an interesting oddity indeed, so thanks for sharing.

I know that officers did customise their field caps and have recently acquired an original picture showing the addition of a chin strap to one by a company commander in the 1920's. However even if this cap was an original I feel the conversion to an alter art style look is unlikely as the caps were apparently not popular with officers and I reckon they would have got themselves a nice new 1934 field cap as soon as they came out. I know I would of !!!!!!!!.

cheers

Tony

as an after thought, the material used is indeed greatcoat "weight" but if you look at original field caps they are not made of the same material all over. The piping and cap band is a very different shade to the crown material.

Here are some examples.......

cheers

Tony

M19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in questionM19... is it really?  Authenticity in question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast