Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos

Article about: Period photo for a Police (volunteer) wachtmeister from the Bavarian Landespolizei. This organisation was named as such from Nov. 1920 and was the generic name for both the order police (ORP

Default Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos

Period photo for a Police (volunteer) wachtmeister from the Bavarian Landespolizei. This organisation was named as such from Nov. 1920 and was the generic name for both the order police (ORPO) and Protection Police (Schupo) in Bavaria.

The back of the card identifies him by name, Polizei Hilfswachtmeister M.Harty, and places him at the Police School Bamberg, home of the IV Battalion of LPG 73. The reference to Landpolizei Goring indicates that his service continued into 1933/34.

He wears the "steel" green tunic with black collar and cuffs. The collar sport the silver oak leaves worn on both sides. The fact the cuff appears to have no Bavarian tresse stitched directly around the top helps date the picture pre 1933.

Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos

cheers

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos
    P
    Many

Colorized pic of what is believed to be a Weimar-era Danzig Police Officer.
    Credit: Robin Lumsden
    Attached Images Attached Images Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos  Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Danzig Police:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos   Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos  

Attached Images Attached Images Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos  Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos 
    Last edited by stonemint; 03-18-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Po-PLM winner:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos  

Head of the Berlin Schupo, Magnus Heimannsberg:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos   Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos  

Hamburg policeman circa 1930:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Po-Police Headgear in Period Photos  

Hannover Schupo:

Verkehrspolizei:

A young Kurt Meyer as a police cadet:

Not soft headgear, but a rare view of the helmet decal:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast