Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Reichsbanner Visor

Article about: OK. Throwing this one out there for a friend of mine. I've searched and searched. Has anyone seen something like this? Might not even be German or TR.

MAP
    ?

Default Reichsbanner Visor

OK. Throwing this one out there for a friend of mine. I've searched and searched.

Has anyone seen something like this? Might not even be German or TR.

Reichsbanner VisorReichsbanner VisorReichsbanner VisorReichsbanner VisorReichsbanner Visor
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbanner Visor
    P
    Many

Nothing I've ever seen, but definitely no Third Reich connection. In fact, the general style doesn't look German to me at all.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Andreas.

Yes. I would tend to agree. A TR connection is weak. There was some thought that it was Reichsbahn but that holds zero water.

I will say however that the sweatband and rear tack style is something I've seen on TR visors before. That said, I have no idea if other countries didn't have something similar.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I know this style of centerband - albeit not with the letters "R-B". It looks like an Italian specimen to me, see here:

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/sho...df8e27223ee834

or here:

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/sho...d970441db11d1a

Closest I could find is an Italian officer cap with a similar cap band area. If someone can connect the initials R-B to the Italian armed forces or civilian services maybe we have something. NH

Reichsbanner Visor

MAP
    ?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    I know this style of centerband - albeit not with the letters "R-B". It looks like an Italian specimen to me, see here:

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/sho...df8e27223ee834

or here:

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/sho...d970441db11d1a
    Thanks!

I will say (sorry if I offend anyone) but that first visor is U-G-L-Y

It is however somewhat similar to the second sans the brim, insignia and chinstrap.

So maybe getting closer...Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Closest I could find is an Italian officer cap with a similar cap band area. If someone can connect the initials R-B to the Italian armed forces or civilian services maybe we have something. NH

Reichsbanner Visor
    Thanks Neil. Similar to the one ErWaSa posted. I think we are on the right track.

It is a very rare cap--it is for the Reichsbanner, a Weimar paramilitary organisation.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is the Wiki history of the RB:

Reichsbanner Schwarz-Rot-Gold - Wikipedia

You just need the cockade--they pop up on Ebay every now and then:
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichsbanner Visor 

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast