MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934

Article about: Donnerwetter. Mine was earlier than than, and I surely did not get such a sum for it...

Default Re: Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934

last one for tonight......gone reichswehr mad !

here are all my caps in date order from 1919 to 1935/36................

bottom row field caps from 1919 to 1929 (side cap is the trial model that was never adopted)

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934
    P
    Many

Hi

Couple of new pictures recently acquired. Just to keep the thread ticking over....................can't find any Reichswehr caps for sale anywhere

First is gefreiter on his horse, wearing his field cap and was taken in Dornitz on 19/6/28

1929 picture of the lads fooling about..............they look "all at sea".

Winter wonderland......nice group shot of a section with the senior NCO/Officer in the middle wearing the field cap.

Circa 1934 Saxon Regiment by the cockade wearing the 1928 field tunic and looking at the shoulder boards an officer candidaite ?

cheers

Tony

Hi,

Few more pictures of the old school.................

These shots came from the album of a Reichswehr senior NCO I bought. he served from 1924 on by the look of things and in the middle of the album where these beauties........never mentioned in the sellers description so it was a bonus for me as the rest of the album has some very good uniform and group pictures.

The pictures are worthy as note to this study because of the insignia on the caps.

First is the old boy himself taken on manouvers in 1930. The caption on the back dates the photo 1930 and location Thüringen und Bayern. The general on the right with the silver whiskers is General Heye.

The next shot in the sequence is a cracker showing the troops at rest but with all the kit laid out regulation style. The back caption tells us it's 1930 but gives the units as part of the 6th Division confirming General Heye is the man on the right.

It would appear later that the Field Marshall kindly allowed an official picture to be taken. Note his hat has two cockades and the black chinstrap found in Imperial times. The general in the doorway has opted for the similar cap insignia. (no Republic Eagles on these boys !)

Later on there are some parade photos and the vistors were these two gentlemen. Both Pour le Merit holders and dated 1933/34 by the cap insignia. But who are they....any offers on who these german Generals are very welcome

This next picture is a single pick up but a very nice shot of the 1933 insignia in wear. It is dated on the back 25/3/1933 just three months after the order to replace the reichsadler with the national cockade on the front cap band.

Final picture tonight comes from a Reichswehr Pioneer officers photo album. I bought the album on the strength of this one photo which sold it for me. It shows the wear of the new 1934 style field cap for officers. They wear it with the embroidered wreath on the cap band and metal cokade. Note no eagle worn on the cap as per regulations, but they do have the breast eagle on the tunic. The soldier is also wearing the new 1934 issued side cap. This pic is dated 1935 and was taken as a series of shots during a bridge building exercise. If you look back at the crusher Eric posted earlier you will see a superb example of this style of cap.

And before anyone says it.............I Am An Anorak !

Enjoy

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi,

Few more pictures of the old school.................

These shots came from the album of a Reichswehr senior NCO I bought. he served from 1924 on by the look of things and in the middle of the album where these beauties........never mentioned in the sellers description so it was a bonus for me as the rest of the album has some very good uniform and group pictures.

The pictures are worthy as note to this study because of the insignia on the caps.

First is the old boy himself taken on manouvers in 1930. The caption on the back dates the photo 1930 and location Thüringen und Bayern. The general on the right with the silver whiskers is General Heye.

The next shot in the sequence is a cracker showing the troops at rest but with all the kit laid out regulation style. The back caption tells us it's 1930 but gives the units as part of the 6th Division confirming General Heye is the man on the right.

It would appear later that the Field Marshall kindly allowed an official picture to be taken. Note his hat has two cockades and the black chinstrap found in Imperial times. The general in the doorway has opted for the similar cap insignia. (no Republic Eagles on these boys !)

Later on there are some parade photos and the vistors were these two gentlemen. Both Pour le Merit holders and dated 1933/34 by the cap insignia. But who are they....any offers on who these german Generals are very welcome

This next picture is a single pick up but a very nice shot of the 1933 insignia in wear. It is dated on the back 25/3/1933 just three months after the order to replace the reichsadler with the national cockade on the front cap band.

Final picture tonight comes from a Reichswehr Pioneer officers photo album. I bought the album on the strength of this one photo which sold it for me. It shows the wear of the new 1934 style field cap for officers. They wear it with the embroidered wreath on the cap band and metal cokade. Note no eagle worn on the cap as per regulations, but they do have the breast eagle on the tunic. The soldier is also wearing the new 1934 issued side cap. This pic is dated 1935 and was taken as a series of shots during a bridge building exercise. If you look back at the crusher Eric posted earlier you will see a superb example of this style of cap.

And before anyone says it.............I Am An Anorak !

Enjoy

cheers

Tony
    Marvelous images. Bravo.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Marvelous images. Bravo.
    The general officer on the right is von Hammerstein Equord, I think.

?

Great thread! The only visor cap I own is this, I pretty much have only helmets. This cap I posted about a year ago but didn't get much feedback as to what year it's from. The visor has been reattached at some point..poorly. It had no cocades when I acquired it from a local thrift shop for real cheap, so I added these cocades for aesthetic value, though I know they are post 1933 reg. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    -Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934   Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934  

Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934   Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934  

Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934   Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934  

Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934Here he is. His story is an interesting and compelling one, as Hitler booted him out.

Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934This is Corum's work. It is on the operational, doctrinal piece, which is well covered in the German literature, but less so in the English language.
    You should read it along with Carstens and Gordon.

Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934Reichswehr Caps 1919 -1934Here are some of the 10 plus volume Oxford translation of the history of German in the Second World War. This is the bench mark on the subject.

Thanks Fb,

You are literally giving me homework !

I shall acquire the Corum book to read in tandem with the other two. That will keep me going for a bit.
    I did see a biography on Seeckt but only available in German I believe.

The Rest book is published in English thank goodness.

cheers

Tony

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast