Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Saxon Officers (Medical) m1920 Schirmmütze

Article about: Hi Latest restoration project has now been completed, with thanks to Brian H for the tip off on this little beauty.................. cool Militaria The cap in question is a model 1920 office

Default Saxon Officers (Medical) m1920 Schirmmütze

Hi

Latest restoration project has now been completed, with thanks to Brian H for the tip off on this little beauty.................. cool Militaria

The cap in question is a model 1920 officers/private purchase cap for the Reichswehr.

It is a real early one with a mixture of Imperial and Reichswehr features. The size and dimensions are all post 1919 regs but the cap peak is from old Imperial stock made of pressed cardboard but with the white underneath favoured by Officers. The chin strap is a nice example of a leather patented strap with buckle fastener.

The other really interesting feature is that it has never had a lining. Got the white mesh side lining but the lining was never added. Steel spring is in situ.

Came in pretty good order to be fair..........needed the sweatband sowing back in place, a little re-shaping and the repro wreath and wrong cockade replacing................ this is what it looked like upon receipt.

cheers

Tony

Saxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 Schirmmütze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Saxon Officers (Medical) m1920 Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Here it is after the adjustment.

The original wreath I put on fitted exactly into the holes already in the paste board used for the cap band. The reichsadler was original to the cap so that stayed and as I had a Saxon Officer cockade I went for that look........making him a member of the 4 (Saxon) Sanitats Abteilung............no stamps on the cap so I had to go for something.

Not seen a medical cap before so very pleased to have it in the collection, cornflower blue all the way on this piping.

cheers

Tony

Saxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 SchirmmützeSaxon Officers (Medical) m1920 Schirmmütze

very nice job.

Tony, fantastic work (as usual!)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Fantastic work, these caps are beautiful and in my opinion highly overlooked