Become our sponsor and display your banner here

what can you tell me about this uniform?

Article about: I do not know if i am on the right thread but please move or delete if it had no place on this forum . I went last week at a thrift store to drop some bag of clothes and as i was leaving the

Default what can you tell me about this uniform?

I do not know if i am on the right thread but please move or delete if it had no place on this forum .
    I went last week at a thrift store to drop some bag of clothes and as i was leaving the store i saw this huge poster with this heavy metal frame who caught my eyes . The picture definitively was talking to me ( not in a way that it is worth million and is something rare) .My question is what uniform this soldier is wearing ? i know for sure it's post war but on witch side is he ? east or west . i included some pic i took of it it's printed on heavy cardboard .i paid 7$ and for some reason i love the story that it tell.
    Thanks in advance
    Frenchy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww2 002.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	52606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww2 003.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	52607  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww2 004.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	52608  

Default Re: what can you tell me about this uniform?

Frenchy i cannot answer your question but that is a very nice picture i wouldnt mind myself and a good price for you

Ewan when i saw it in that store i couldn't leave it there it had to be in my area . But now i am more and more curious about the whole shot . I am sure somebody will have seen that pic somewhere in a book or a magazine lots of time and know what is the story behind the shot .

Frenchy

pjm
    ?

This is a famous photo of an East German border guard circa 1962 preparing to escape by juming the wire. It is marketed through the Haus am Checkpoint Charlie Museum in Berlin

Thanks PJM for this info
    Frenchy

For some reason i was sure it was the opposite not knowing the kind of uniform he was wearing i was sure the kid wanted to pass the other side .
    Frenchy