Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German Railroad Police Sauer M13 pistol

Article about: Enjoy this Sauer Model 13 7.65mm pistol and Holster issued to the Railroad Security Dept. Holster marked RBD Erfurt...BILL

Default Re: German Railroad Police Sauer M13 pistol

Quote by NSDAP42 View Post
    7.65MM ?? Walter ppk is better ? or equivalent ?
    Yes .32 Automatic 7.65mm.. I like the PPK better, with the external hammer the Sauer 38h has an internal hammer and a cocking and decocking lever which is unique on a pistol of that period... I would never carry either one in cal. 7.65mm.. I would prefer a .45 Colt Model 1911 A1, for a pocket pistol I would carry the PPk in .380,,,9mmk...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

The Sauer pistol was evidently well thought of during the period. I once owned an engraved special order piece given by S S Obergruppenfuhrer
    Walter Kruger to his brother, S S Obergruppenfuhrer Freidrich Wilhelm Kruger. The pistol was found in a brief case in the trunk of the car that transported Kruger when he surrendered. There is also a documented presentation model given to Sepp Dietrich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank Bill ! You a ppk with the eagle in the handle ??

Tom2
    ?

The Walther has am exposed hammer and some other features that are desireable to modern users, therefore it survives and still sells. Some old guns have been attempted at a revival like the Mauser Hsc but never saw very great sales in their modern incarnations. I am speaking of autopistols from Europe only. They still make the Colt from the 1873 design at great cost in the US, and they still sell alot of them. I would love to own one of those pistols shown in the original post, but pretty much the ones I see for sale are worn or brown relics only.

Bill ! Walter ppk with this handle use only by Gestapo ?? true or false !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Railroad Police Sauer M13 pistol  

Quote by NSDAP42 View Post
    Bill ! Walter ppk with this handle use only by Gestapo ?? true or false !!
    Not to answer for Bill.........but......The Party Leader grips were issued to political leaders of the NSDAP.The Walther PPK was the honor weapon of the political leaders.About 3,500 PL griped PPK's were produced mostly between1935-1938.The tell tale clue to real PL grips is a thin metal strap molded into the internal backstrap of the grips.The grips you display appear repro.Hope this helps.

tHANK ! for help ,i put only this pic for example , i think its very scare grips ! , i see one, 10-15 years before and the man tell me its only for GESTAPO ..... Thank again

betterpic of hight leader walter ppk with eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Railroad Police Sauer M13 pistol  

Is there a way to tell who a pistol was issued too by the seirl #?
    i have an M38 that my grandpa brought back and i would like to know who he got it from

?

Does anyone know where to a manual for this weapon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast