Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm

Article about: Enjoy this Dutch M95 Carbine as reissued and modified by the Germans in WW2.. It was brought home to the USA by a 82nd. Airborne Trooper.. Note also German manufactured ammo for the Dutch Ca

Default Re: Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm

It also kooks like he's got on under his leg. The one on him might have been placed after.

Quote by packin9 View Post
    It also kooks like he's got on under his leg. The one on him might have been placed after.
    Yep,,, there is one under his leg also...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Indeed, the gun on top of him probably gave a nicer propaganda picture.

There is actually a story behind this particular set of well known photos.

The bodies were moved around. An account from a British Para I have read where he recalls passing the spot of the ambush several times. He first saw the bodies in situ, then the next time he passed they had been moved to the road side. When he passed for a third and final time they had been replaced in and around the car.

Cheers, Ade.

Grutte Pier
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    There is actually a story behind this particular set of well known photos.

The bodies were moved around. An account from a British Para I have read where he recalls passing the spot of the ambush several times. He first saw the bodies in situ, then the next time he passed they had been moved to the road side. When he passed for a third and final time they had been replaced in and around the car.

Cheers, Ade.
    Could well be, as Battle of Arnhem interested you “should” know, all I know is that these pictures are in fact taken from live footage.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dutch/German M95 Carbine 6.5mm 

Hi Meindert, I have stood on that very spot But it is now a rather busy main road as you know !

Did you notice that General Kussin is missing his collar tabs? A Dutch Commando took them.

Cheers, Ade.

Grutte Pier
    ?

Hi Meindert, I have stood on that very spot But it is now a rather busy main road as you know !

Did you notice that General Kussin is missing his collar tabs? A Dutch Commando took them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes I know, if I remember well we pass the crossroad with the ‘Race to the Bridge’ tour, am I right?. What a interesting aspect of the story, I didn’t noticed it, do you perhaps know where the collar tab has gone, is it perhaps in the Hartenstein Airborne Museum?, did you know that it will be closed for nine moths starting of in October?.

The collar tabs got lost

I had heard about them closing the Museum for the refit. Let's hope they don't spoil it.

You are right, you will have passed that very spot too

Cheers, Ade.

Grutte Pier
    ?

The collar tabs got lost

I had heard about them closing the Museum for the refit. Let's hope they don't spoil it.

You are right, you will have passed that very spot too

Cheers, Ade.
    From what I hear they will bring the Hartenstein building back in its original shape and in the back garden they will go underground, personally I hope that its not getting to modern because that wouldn’t fit the surrounding, what do you think Ade?.
    I also hear that the diorama’s, as you know them now, are going to disappear and that they are planning to highlight out single pieces with telling there history, not a bad plan but to remove all nice diorama’s would be a pity. I will be in the Oosterbeek/Arnhem area coming September, I hope you to Ade, and then certainly will visit the museum again before they close in October.
    Sorry mister Grist for “hijacking” your thread this way, all the result of posting your rare and beautiful Hembrug karabiner.

Johnnie
    ?

Thanks for posting those fantastic pics! These always add a personal human touch to the weapons we study.

Regards,
    Johnnie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast