Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What rifle do I have..mauser action?

Article about: Thanks to Pete I discovered what model Mauser I have. I'm still looking into it but based on no markings it narrows it down to Model 1916. Comments are still welcomed. Info on the Unmarked 1

?

Default Unmarked Spanish Model 1916

Thanks to Pete I discovered what model Mauser I have. I'm still looking into it but based on no markings it narrows it down to Model 1916. Comments are still welcomed.

Info on the Unmarked 1916:

Unmarked Model 1916 rifles have 22" barrels, tangent leaf sights, a thumb cut and gas escape hole in left side of the receiver

I bought this rifle on the fly based on the action mocks a Mauser (the firing pin spins off etc). Anyway As I broke it down there were no common stamps that I could see. All I can go by is a serial number. As far as looks that's the part that I need the most help on. I broke it down today and took lots of pics. I attached a slideshow to photobucket. Questions please ask.

Total length 44"
    Barrel 22"

Link: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Last edited by ww1917; 06-05-2012 at 05:39 PM.

?

Default Re: What rifle do I have..mauser action?

- - Updated - -

?

Your rifle does have a Mauser action and I believe it pre-dates World War 2 as to it lacks Waffenamts or Nazi firing proofs or Weimar eagles. I would highly suggest you check out Gun Boards Forum as there is a special section on Mauser rifles with many members who are very knowledgeable concerning Mauser rifles. I myself am a novice collector and do not want to start guessing as to the rifles origin. It is indeed a fine looking rifle. I am sure other members on Gun Boards Forum will have a wealth of knowledge concerning your rifle. Best Wishes

?

It appears to be a Spanish Mauser Model 1916 in 7x57mm caliber........Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks for the reply. After I posted this I registered on GB. Waiting to get the clear. I believe it's pre date as well and like you pointed out it has no Waff etc stamps to give it away.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Your rifle does have a Mauser action and I believe it pre-dates World War 2 as to it lacks Waffenamts or Nazi firing proofs or Weimar eagles. I would highly suggest you check out Gun Boards Forum as there is a special section on Mauser rifles with many members who are very knowledgeable concerning Mauser rifles. I myself am a novice collector and do not want to start guessing as to the rifles origin. It is indeed a fine looking rifle. I am sure other members on Gun Boards Forum will have a wealth of knowledge concerning your rifle. Best Wishes

?

That's where I'm at now. After I applied on I started my own research and as you wrote this i was actually looking @ the 1895 Mauser. Based on the fixed sling loop that makes it stand out from other mausers.

Quote by zwerge View Post
    It appears to be a Spanish Mauser Model 1916 in 7x57mm caliber........Pete.

Thanks for chiming in Pete. Did not want to guess and show ignorance suggesting what it might be without being certain. Always enjoy reading your posts. Best Wishes.

?

Now I just need to find what these go for on the market today.