Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mosin Nagant Identification

Article about: Hi guys - I've been fortunate to aquire a 1942 Mosin Nagant - Armoury refurbished and all matching numbers. Given my fascination with all things military I was wondering if anyone can tell b

?

Default Mosin Nagant Identification

Hi guys - I've been fortunate to aquire a 1942 Mosin Nagant - Armoury refurbished and all matching numbers. Given my fascination with all things military I was wondering if anyone can tell by the reciever stamps (pictured) where it was made, and how close to Stalingrad the factory may have been.

She's like new, very accurate, came with cleaning kit, bayonet and two packs of ammo for a very reasonable price.

and yes........I watch 'Enemy At The Gates' on a regular basis )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant Identification   Mosin Nagant Identification  

Mosin Nagant Identification   Mosin Nagant Identification  

?

Default Re: Mosin Nagant Identification

Nice rifle,the arrow within the triangle is for the Tula arsenal I Believe.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

the star is for tula. the arrow in the triangle was for ishevsk, yours is an ishevsk m91/30. ishevsk mosins are the most common, and ishevsk was a bit far back from stalingrad. the russians liked to build factories far behind the front so that there wouldnt be the risk of it being captured/destroyed. it doesnt mean that it wasnt used there of course, in fact theres a good chance of that it was. i personally have a 1944 m91/30 and a 1944 m44, both from ishevsk. theyre great rifles and yours is in excellent condition.

nice rifle : )

?

Red face Re: Mosin Nagant Identification

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    the star is for tula. the arrow in the triangle was for ishevsk, yours is an ishevsk m91/30. ishevsk mosins are the most common, and ishevsk was a bit far back from stalingrad. the russians liked to build factories far behind the front so that there wouldnt be the risk of it being captured/destroyed. it doesnt mean that it wasnt used there of course, in fact theres a good chance of that it was. i personally have a 1944 m91/30 and a 1944 m44, both from ishevsk. theyre great rifles and yours is in excellent condition.

nice rifle : )
    Your right,I`m wrong.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hello-if you're keen on the Mosin Nagant I would recommend 'The Mosin-Nagant Rifle' by Terrence Lapin-a great reference book full of info on markings and the different variants and quite cheap too! I have 3 Mosins (M1890, Dragoon & M1944 Polish carbine) as well as a Finnish M1939 the 'King of the heap ' as far as accuracy and build quality are concerned.

id love to have an m39. the stocks on those are beautiful.

also chris check out 7.62x54r.net
    you can find out just about anything you want to know about mosins there.

Here's a link that has info to the extreme on these rifles and ammo. Amazing amount of information.

A great firearm.

http://7.62x54r.net/

Reg
    ?

Hi Chris

Nice Mosin! Im fairly sure the square with the vertical line stamp on the reciever denotes that, as you stated, its arsenal refurbished. Same with the square with a diagonal on the stock! although I dont know why they are different.

Cheers
    Reg

?

Until now I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of these forums, soaking up knowledge like a sponge and joining in with a comment or two when my very limited experience with firearms saw an opportunity to help another. The feedback I’ve received for my new/old rifle, (incidentally, on my first ever thread) has just about blown me away and is testament to the spontaneous and unconditional friendship members of this web-site show to newbie’s and wannabie’s like myself. It is a pleasure, and an honor to be counted as one of you. Thank you for your help
    Last edited by Chris; 05-02-2010 at 03:20 AM.

Hi Chris, I am glad you got the info you wanted and that you are enjoying being part of the forum. Always nice to hear..

Nice clean rifle

It is certainly worth you picking up the book recommended. I can endorse it too.

The difference in the arsenal rebuild stamps mentioned by Reg is down to one being used on stocks/woodwork while the other is used on the metalwork.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast