MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1898 Lee Enfield L.E.C 1

Article about: This is a 1898 Lee Enfield L.E.C 1 that my father in Law picked up when he was in the RCMP on the east coast of Canada in the 1970`s. He got a call from a women who`s husband had passed away

Default 1898 Lee Enfield L.E.C 1

This is a 1898 Lee Enfield L.E.C 1 that my father in Law picked up when he was in the RCMP on the east coast of Canada in the 1970`s. He got a call from a women who`s husband had passed away and she said that she wanted his old guns out of the house.
    When he got to the house with his partner, the women gave them 3 guns, this Lee Enfield, a Luger and a shotgun. Instead of giving bringing them back to the station, they agreed that my father and law would get the rifle and shotgun and his partner would get the luger.
    That`s all I know about the rifle, if anyone can help with the identification makrings I`d apprieciate it.
    Thanks
    Frazer

What is the cylender you can see in this pic?

?

Default Re: 1898 Lee Enfield L.E.C 1

The cylinder is the oil bottle.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

evan9201
    ?

Default Re: 1898 Lee Enfield L.E.C 1

Very good find.You will find advice on markings at gunboards.com.ask on the S.M.L.E. board and they should have the info you want. Another good web site is The Lee-Enfield Rifle Website . What you have there is the Enfield oiler and pull though cleaning system.

cheers