Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1903 1926 Dated National Match Springfield Pictue Heavy

Article about: I just bought a 1903 Springfield National Match dated 1926. It has all the characteristics that a righteous one should have. Star gauged barrel, heavily checked butt plate, bolt in the white

?

Default 1903 1926 Dated National Match Springfield Pictue Heavy

I just bought a 1903 Springfield National Match dated 1926. It has all the characteristics that a righteous one should have. Star gauged barrel, heavily checked butt plate, bolt in the white with the serial number electro penciled engraved. polished rails and reversed safety. Took the hand guard off and the air gauge number was present, It also comes with a 1920 National Match sight cover and an O'hare micrometer sight adjuster and a 1907 sling. The stock is almost perfect except for a new nicks and has a mirror bore and the bluing is is 95%+. I have been trying to buy this for 15 years off an old timer (90 years young) that shot at the National Matches and was allowed to buy it after the match ended. He thinks he may still have his purchase papers and record book but is not sure. I will pick it up tomorrow morning. This pretty much makes may 03 collection complete except for the 1922 22lr Springfield and of course a Pedersen device which I will never get.[/QUOTE]

I finally got time to take the pictures of the 1903 National Match Springfield
    Left Sid Profile

Right Side Profile

Star Gauge Marking On Barrel

Barrel Date

Air Gauge Barrel Marking

Receiver Marking

Rear Sight Note The absence of the notch on top of the sight that is on non NM 1903's

1920 National Match Sight Cover and OHare Micrometer Rear Sight Adjuster

Polished Receiver Rails

P Proof

Serated Trigger

Electro Penciled Bolt

Receiver and Bolt

DAL Inspecttor Logo

Heavily Checkered Butt Plate

Left Side View

Default Re: 1903 1926 Dated National Match Springfield Pictue Heavy

A superb piece-congrats!

BEAUTIFUL RIFLE!

?

Thanks guys for the replies. Now I have my eyes on a mint 1908 Mondragon in 7.5 Swiss. I looked for one for 40 years and never found a decent one for sale. The gentlemen that has it is talking about selling it but is on the fence. I'll just keep trying to get him to sell it.

Another rare bird-Tally Ho!