Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )

Article about: My Father was in Germany during WWll and brought back a Steyr-Hahn Pistol it has been kept in a box all this time. When my Father died in 1993 the box and the pistol were given to me. I have

KRISEV
    ?

Default 1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )

My Father was in Germany during WWll and brought back a Steyr-Hahn Pistol it has been kept in a box all this time. When my Father died in 1993 the box and the pistol were given to me. I have kept it just as it was the day he brought it home, he never fired it, I have fired one 9mm Luger round through it. I dont know much about the Pistol just what I have read.
    "After the German annexation of Austria in 1938, about 60,000 pistols were re-barrelled for the standard 9mm Parabellum cartridge. These weapons can be identified by the '08' stamped on the left side of the slide and nazi eagle stamped on the frame above the trigger. The official German designation: '9mm P12(o)' ".
    I post the following quesitons.
    1) does anyone know why this pistol is Nickel Plated, were some plated when they were re-barrelled?
    2) what does the trangle with the "O" in it mean?
    3)the numbers on the slide "448n" is that the serial number and what does the "n" mean?
    ANY INFORMATION WOULD HELP.
    sorry the pics didnt come out very well. I will try and take come better ones to post. they show up better when emailed.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 ) 

Default Re: 1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )

Quote by KRISEV View Post
    My Father was in Germany during WWll and brought back a Steyr-Hahn Pistol it has been kept in a box all this time. When my Father died in 1993 the box and the pistol were given to me. I have kept it just as it was the day he brought it home, he never fired it, I have fired one 9mm Luger round through it. I dont know much about the Pistol just what I have read.
    "After the German annexation of Austria in 1938, about 60,000 pistols were re-barrelled for the standard 9mm Parabellum cartridge. These weapons can be identified by the '08' stamped on the left side of the slide and nazi eagle stamped on the frame above the trigger. The official German designation: '9mm P12(o)' ".
    I post the following quesitons.
    1) does anyone know why this pistol is Nickel Plated, were some plated when they were re-barrelled?
    2) what does the trangle with the "O" in it mean?
    3)the numbers on the slide "448n" is that the serial number and what does the "n" mean?
    ANY INFORMATION WOULD HELP.
    sorry the pics didnt come out very well. I will try and take come better ones to post. they show up better when emailed.
    Hello,Krisev... Here we go... The pistol was plated after the War Usually by GIs in small plating shops throughout Germany, Austria etc... The triangle and O, 'O' is for the German word for Austria the triangle is a rework mark, the serial number is 448n the 'N' is for a number in the alphabet the number was repeted every 9999 and a letter added so your weapon is 130,448..I hope this helps some...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

KRISEV
    ?

Bill,

thanks for the info. Does the plating effect the value of the weapon as a collectable? everyone tells me your "the man". thanks for your help.

Bill,

thanks for the info. Does the plating effect the value of the weapon as a collectable? everyone tells me your "the man". thanks for your help.
    Krisev, Unfortantly.. Yes it does..But don't worry, it is the way your Father brought it home so leave it as it came home... These Steyrs shoot better in both calibres,, 9mm Steyr the original cal., and 9mm Luger Nazi conversion Cal. than most pistols on the market today except for a Colt .45....I even have a friend that carries one as his CCW and states that is is the best weapon that he has, and he has a ton of Guns...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

KRISEV
    ?

Bill,

thanks for the reply. I would like to obtain a "clip" for this weapon, I ordered a "replica" holster that should arrive this week and downloaded the "breakdown" book. although I only fired one round with the weapon I was amazed at how smooth the action was. I plan on keeping it but would like to obtain as much info I can so the next person that gets it will not have to go through what I have. thanks again, Kris.

Bill,

thanks for the reply. I would like to obtain a "clip" for this weapon, I ordered a "replica" holster that should arrive this week and downloaded the "breakdown" book. although I only fired one round with the weapon I was amazed at how smooth the action was. I plan on keeping it but would like to obtain as much info I can so the next person that gets it will not have to go through what I have. thanks again, Kris.
    pm me with your post address and i'll send you a charging/stripper clip..bill
    Attached Images Attached Images 1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )  1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 ) 

KRISEV
    ?

This may be old information to most but it’s new to me.

I located some 9mm STEYR 115gr FMJ rounds for this weapon at GRAF & SONS they are manufactured by FIOCCHI. I spoke with a tech at GRAF & SONS and asked if the 9mm 115gr FMJ LUGER rounds would work as well, he explained to me that the LUGER rounds a much stronger than the STEYR rounds and would not recommend using them in the STEYR. The price for the STEYR rounds is $47.89 usd including shipping.

Hello,

The 9 Luger rounds will work quite well in your pistol. In fact the 9mm Steyr wont even fit anymore as the pistol was rechambered to the new round.

cheers
    Gary

And yes Bill is the man!

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    Hello,

The 9 Luger rounds will work quite well in your pistol. In fact the 9mm Steyr wont even fit anymore as the pistol was rechambered to the new round.

cheers
    Gary

And yes Bill is the man!
    KRISEV, Gary is 100% correct this reworked Nazi Pistol is only in 9mm Luger and will only shoot 9mm Luger ammo.. Which you can purchase at Wallmart or anywhere that sells ammo.. I sent you out a stripper clip/charger today...BILL

KRISEV
    ?

Gary & Bill,

Thanks for the information, good stuff to know and thanks for the stripper clip Bill. I received the replica Holster yesterday, very good quality leather work.

Kris

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast