Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..

Article about: I was offered these pistols for sale but i dont know if prices are high. These are my favorite pistols and i dont own a originial. I know there is a fine line with collecting these but i wan

I like them both but I would lean towards the Remington Rand, assuming the internals are all correct. Still fairly easy to find parts for if you are using it as a shooter.
    John

FNG
    ?

Just more originial ? I did notice that Remington Rand slider is a different shade of color than the lower

Quote by FNG View Post
    Just more originial ? I did notice that Remington Rand slider is a different shade of color than the lower
    It does not look like it was messed with and no engraved initials for my liking. A slight different shade between slide and frame is normal. There will also be a different shade on the slide itself due to the heat treated areas taking the parkerizing at a different rate. The slide looks like an original finish from the pics. The barrel would be my concern. Should have a High Standard barrel and could also be a Flannery barrel depending how late in 44 it was produced. The bore and rifling should also be good. You can check the other internals when you take it apart if you purchase.
    John

FNG
    ?

Ill go back and look at the barrel today. What stamps should i look for on the barrel?

Its to bad about the colt

Quote by FNG View Post
    Ill go back and look at the barrel today. What stamps should i look for on the barrel?

Its to bad about the colt
    Here is a link to a good website for info.

http://www.coolgunsite.com/pistols/barrels.htm

John

?

I would buy that colt any day over the rand. it's a 4 digit serial number

FNG
    ?

Thank you for the link

The barrel looks blued but its marked p on the lug and the other side is marked hs

- - ------- - -

Even with a remington umc lower?

?

I believe that gram is a reworked wwi colt frame I don't think Remington rand had us property marks there . I'm trying to find my colt books

?

Ok I found my book your frame is for a WWI Remington arms UMC if only you could find that slide . they only made 21,676

FNG
    ?

Yes i stated earlier its a remington frame. Its a early umc too. Still think its collectable bit a shooter ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2