Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1916 Amberg Mauser

Article about: Well, nothing but rain and more rain, so pulled this old Mauser out of storage and took a few pics. Purchased this in the 1980's from a guy from Colorado at a gun show. He was planning to ma

Good to know AZ Phil. Not as familiar with production of 98s covering World War 1 and up until 1933. Enough info to gather as it is with different manufacturers. Thnk god I am luck enough to have my fathers.

?

These are something I have on my want list, I have the commission 88 and a Kar98a ,But need to add a good Gewehr 98 to my collection and I have been researching what is right and wrong for those years it was produced and for a correct WW1 rifle. That rear site and receiver/bolt in the white like weller's rifle is what I'm looking for. Just saying

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    These are something I have on my want list, I have the commission 88 and a Kar98a ,But need to add a good Gewehr 98 to my collection and I have been researching what is right and wrong for those years it was produced and for a correct WW1 rifle. That rear site and receiver/bolt in the white like weller's rifle is what I'm looking for. Just saying

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Phil - if I see good one I'll let you know. I do shoot this one occasionally and it's very accurate and has a nice kick

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Phil - if I see good one I'll let you know. I do shoot this one occasionally and it's very accurate and has a nice kick
    Thanks, Right now I'm buying my little princess a car, So there goes that play money and of course you know what that means for the .450 project

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

[QUOTE=AZPhil;1631659]Thanks, Right now I'm buying my little princess a car, So there goes that play money ....

So is this Little Princess your Wife or your Girlfriend ?

PS Beautiful Rifle

A very nice rifle, but it looks as though the blue is a re-finish. The breech and receiver area - although looking good, have been over-polished, and this has resulted in loss of sharpness and some shape to the contours.

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A very nice rifle, but it looks as though the blue is a re-finish. The breech and receiver area - although looking good, have been over-polished, and this has resulted in loss of sharpness and some shape to the contours.
    Agree someone years back over-polished the receiver area. I bought this rifle 30+ years ago when I was a teenager for less than $100 which fit my budget at the time - I just wanted a Mauser rifle

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Agree someone years back over-polished the receiver area. I bought this rifle 30+ years ago when I was a teenager for less than $100 which fit my budget at the time - I just wanted a Mauser rifle
    And tomorrow I think I'll head to the range and shoot 10-20 rounds thru it

?

[QUOTE=CBH;1631663]
    Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks, Right now I'm buying my little princess a car, So there goes that play money ....

So is this Little Princess your Wife or your Girlfriend ?

PS Beautiful Rifle
    LMAO!!! I have 4 children and the little princess is My one and only Daughter

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Range ready And the Iron Cross is a family heirloom I was given when I was 12 yrs old. My great-great aunt came to the US as a war widow, her married name was 'Weller'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1916 Amberg Mauser  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast