Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1917 US Navy Lewis Gun

Article about: The US Navy Lewis Gun is much harder to come buy than the 303 Lewis. A BSA Drum can be had for \\$200 in the US. The 30-06 Drums are very difficult to find here. When you do than can run \\$x wh

?

Default 1917 US Navy Lewis Gun

The US Navy Lewis Gun is much harder to come buy than the 303 Lewis. A BSA Drum can be had for $200 in the US. The 30-06 Drums are very difficult to find here. When you do than can run $x what a 303 drum costs. I was lucky to get 3 fully functional drums when I got this Lewis. The pouch on the floor holds two drums. This Lewis has never missed a beat and is a pleasure to shoot. I hope you enjoy this old warrior.

Default Re: 1917 US Navy Lewis Gun

Thanks for sharing, it looks like it would be alot of fun to shoot. Cheers, Robert

?

Quote by TNcollector View Post
    Thanks for sharing, it looks like it would be alot of fun to shoot. Cheers, Robert
    Hi Robert,
    It is a lot of fun to shoot but I do not shoot it much anymore since I do not have a spare clock spring and if it were to break I would be out of luck since parts for the USN Lewis are impossible to find. I do however have a BSA Lewis in 303 which I shoot quite often as I have quite a few spare parts including another clock spring.
    Regards,
    Sam

Very nice. I am fond of the Lewis gun.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I've never seen one of the navy models before, nice to see it's in good hands,
    Pete.

?

Quote by phoenix View Post
    I've never seen one of the navy models before, nice to see it's in good hands,
    Pete.
    Thanks Peter.