Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract

Article about: Enjoy, This 'LATE' 1930 Mauser 'Broomhandle" Nazi Contract.. A very scarce "Broomhandle" in the 920,000 serial range.. Same Nazi firing proof as the Nazi Luftwaffe contract Ma

Default 1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract

Enjoy, This 'LATE' 1930 Mauser 'Broomhandle" Nazi Contract.. A very scarce "Broomhandle" in the 920,000 serial range.. Same Nazi firing proof as the Nazi Luftwaffe contract Mauser 'Schnellfeuer'...Cal. 7.63mm...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract   1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract  

1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract   1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract  

1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract   1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract  

1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract  
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 07-26-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: 1930 'Late" Mauser 'Broomhandle' Nazi Contract

Beautiful condition Bill. I love it!!
    Tom

?

Favourite pistol !!!

Anybody else seen Churchills Mauser ?
    I saw it on display in Blenheim Palace over thirty years ago.
    It was the one he used in the Boer war .. it had the extra wooden stock as well !!!

A real beauty !!

Gary J.

Excellent

Bill; she is lovely..........is she in 9 mm or 30 Mauser?............thanks in advance;

Lou

Quote by peribeca View Post
    Bill; she is lovely..........is she in 9 mm or 30 Mauser?............thanks in advance;

Lou
    Lou, It is in 30 Mauser....7.63X25mm...............BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Very Nice Bill
    I did not relize any of the them had Nazi proofs.

IIRC there were a few thousand made; have seen them (2)with shortened barrel 4 1/2 inches in 9 mm and with the tangent sight removed along with the milled groove for the shoulder stock ground off to fullfill? Versailles treaty mandates; Bill's is even more remarkable as it must have slipped under the radar screen IMO.......rare; kinda like a P08 in 45 ACP.just my 0.02

Lou

This pistol was produced long after the WW1 Treaty of Versalies.. It was manufactured in 1938 long after the Nazi's came to power.. This is the 'LATE' Model 1930 broomhandle in the 920,000 serial range.. It is estimated that around 50 semiautomatic late 1930 broomhandle pistols were purchased and proofed by the Whermacht in 1938, along with the 7800 full automatic Schnelefeur (proofed the same way) that were contracted for the Luftwaffe, motorcycle dispatch riders.. They were issued with a shoulder stock and leather harness...... This is the only second one that iI have ever seen, and long time collector friend of mine (over 50 yrs. of collecting has only seen one, They are very, very rare.....BILL

Bill; your knowledge is amazing..........yep, you have the Holy Grail of Broomhandles.....like hens teeth......awesome find Bill....congrats; the others I have seen are no where as rare as yours but had been one in 9 mm with short barrel, the slot for the shoulder stock removed along with the tangent rear sights the other in 30 Mauser for Kriegsmarine but still had the tangent rear sights....BUT although they did have the waffenampt proofs IIRC were the 1920 "rework"?

Lou

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast