Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1938 Mauser K98

Article about: I got this nice item last week, a very neat K98, with both a Reichswehr and WaA markings. Matching numbers, and it came with 200 rounds dating from 1940. Can't wait to try this one out soon!

jma
    ?

Default Re: 1938 Mauser K98

Hi Appie,

Thanks for your reply, i would prefer to be able to shoot the larger calibre rifles as i do here in the u.k., are there shooting clubs for this sort of thing? I knew about the lack of requirement of a certificate for the shotgun, but was not aware that no certification was required for the ruger which is a .22 rimfire.

My k98 has visible swasticas, does this mean i would have to cover them up, even at a shooting club?

I like normandy (probably because of the history) i am over there from saturday for a week. We have been to other areas in the south though and like them just as much (especially the weather ) In late August we are down on the atlantic coast near capbretton. So who knows where we may end up living.

Once again thankyou for your reply.

regards

jma

appie
    ?

Hi jma, no the swasticas on the rifles are not the problem, but what they mean is like flags and posters with swasticas that could be visible, they dont want any of that. I had two posters, one recruting poster of the HJ and one of the Waffen SS in picture frames, but was asked to remove them, or hang them somewhere else as it is against the law to fly them. I was asked why I had them, and if it was part of my collection, or if it was my political opinion.
    But if you have a permit for your rifles in the UK I think you can simply aply for one here too, and of course there are shooting ranges overhere too.
    I live right south, just above Spain, but on the other side, the Languedoc. Hotest en dryest place of France!

jma
    ?

Hi Appie,

Ah ok, i understand now about the swasticas.

I have not been to the Languedoc, perhaps a place for a visit in the future.

regards

jma

jma
    ?

Couple of pics of my mauser for you...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

regards

jma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12