Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1938 Mauser K98

Article about: I got this nice item last week, a very neat K98, with both a Reichswehr and WaA markings. Matching numbers, and it came with 200 rounds dating from 1940. Can't wait to try this one out soon!

appie
    ?

Default 1938 Mauser K98

I got this nice item last week, a very neat K98, with both a Reichswehr and WaA markings. Matching numbers, and it came with 200 rounds dating from 1940.
    Can't wait to try this one out soon!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 Mauser K98   1938 Mauser K98  

1938 Mauser K98   1938 Mauser K98  

1938 Mauser K98  

Default Re: 1938 Mauser K98

That rifle is in excellent condition...and it shoots!! You guys are so lucky that you can still buy fully operational firearms. Here we have a hassle just renewing existing licenses and new licenses are basically out of the question.
    Look forward to hearing about how she shoots.
    Tom

jma
    ?

Hi Appie,

Thats a really nice rifle you have there.

Some day i intend to retire to france, most likely the normandy area.What are the laws regarding ownership of those type of rifles? At present i have a k98, lee enfield SMLE and a Lee enfield L39 target rifle i also have a ruger 10/22 plus a shotgun.

What sort of certification do you require for the different catergories of rifle mentioned above?

regards

jma

LieDetector
    ?

The laws in the US, while some see them as strict and others as too lax, it is without a doubt one of the easiest countries in which a citizen can legally purchase a firearm. Today being Father's Day, if I'm at my parents house later this afternoon, I'll see if i can't get my dad to let me take a snapshot or two of his collection, it's rather impressive.

Here's a couple Luger's in the meantime. (If I am able to get the pics, I'll make a new thread.)

PS: What are the legalities of owning a firearm in the EU member states?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 Mauser K98   1938 Mauser K98  

1938 Mauser K98  

Firearms Law varies from country to country within the EU. There is not (yet) a universal law or rules on the subject.

Cheers, Ade.

LieDetector
    ?

I'm guessing however from the aforementioned postings that France has lenient firearm laws. Here in the US, in the state at least that I reside in, you can even own a fully-automatic machine gun, given that you buy an ATF sticker for the weapon & get your county constable to sign the permission for the weapon; and if they decline to sign off, you can have the courts force them to do so.)

LieDetector
    ?

I'd like to note that not all states allow full-auto weapons. Washington state for example, does not. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, and my parents live across the river in northern Kentucky. Both Ohio & Kentucky, as well as Indiana are Class-3 states.

I need to be moving to Ohio then.
    Tom

appie
    ?

Quote by jma View Post
    Hi Appie,

Thats a really nice rifle you have there.

Some day i intend to retire to france, most likely the normandy area.What are the laws regarding ownership of those type of rifles? At present i have a k98, lee enfield SMLE and a Lee enfield L39 target rifle i also have a ruger 10/22 plus a shotgun.

What sort of certification do you require for the different catergories of rifle mentioned above?

regards

jma
    Hi jma,
    it depends a bit because the law is not the same all over France. We can own stuff and drive around with it that you can't do in like Paris, like cal 12 rifles that we use for hunting.
    In the south its mellow, and as long as you claim you are a collector, and the weapons never leave the house you will be fine. You have to get the local major to sign you a collectors permit, which is not a problem unless you have ever been in trouble with the French police.
    You cant have working automatic weapons or any live grenades in your collection.
    And if you own a military collection there may never be swastica's visible from outside the house, not even by walking past a window.
    I also havesome of the rifles you mention in my collection, like theK98 and the Lee Enfield. To which region are you planning to go to? Because you can also registrate them as hunting rifles and be able to buy amo for them, which is not possible on a collectors permit.

appie
    ?

Sorry, I now see you are going to the Normandie region (why move to France and live in the same wind and rain you have in the UK?? hahaha)
    I dont know how the rules are there, but I dont think it will be a big problem, but if there is over there, there are ways to get around it. You can always claim to have a warmuseum (loads of them around there!), and slowly add the rifles to the collection. The shotgun and the Ruger if it is a cal 22 you can own with no permit with amo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast