Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Browning .303 MkII

Article about: Well chaps, heres my new addition. It is missing a fair number of parts, the plan is to rebuild it with a dummy barrel, that is if I can find the rest of the bits. Once I've got a dummy barr

Default 1939 Browning .303 MkII

Well chaps, heres my new addition. It is missing a fair number of parts, the plan is to rebuild it with a dummy barrel, that is if I can find the rest of the bits. Once I've got a dummy barrel in place it will be pinned in place and put on display in my office. As I work in a weapons training enviroment it should make an intresting talking point with the students. If anyone knows where I can find some parts and some links I would much appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Also, someone found a relic barrel recently, anyone know who it is? I could do with some dimensions to mock one up out of solid bar?

?

Default Re: 1939 Browning .303 MkII

I saw your post on a different forum. I have access to some aircraft mounted .303s, I should be able to get measurements of the barrels next weekend if you wish.

Default Re: 1939 Browning .303 MkII

Yes please! I could do with the overall length, the diameter at both ends, the distance where the tapering starts and finishes and the number of locking notches. I can probably guess the other bits as its only for display.

Cheers, Chris.