MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1940 Luger Holster markings

Article about: I acquired a 1940 dated holster for a Luger. I find this one interesting as this must have been a transitional period of marking holsters to differentiate between the P38 holsters. It has a

Default 1940 Luger Holster markings

I acquired a 1940 dated holster for a Luger. I find this one interesting as this must have been a transitional period of marking holsters to differentiate between the P38 holsters. It has a nice maker mark with a P.08 marking above the maker along with a Waffenamt making. I believe the holster to be correct. Soon after the dropped the maker mark and moved the P.08 marking to the right side. All opinions and comments are appreciated.
    John

1940 Luger Holster markings1940 Luger Holster markings1940 Luger Holster markings1940 Luger Holster markings

MAP
    ?

Great looking example. Nice pick up
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello, Theo. Seibod also made bullet hangers for the RAD. Nice item !! G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 Luger Holster markings  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Nice condition holster. As for the maker names, it possibly mirrors the situation with the K98 bayonets where between 1937-40 the maker names reappeared after 3 years of "S" codes during the time they were hiding the rearmament. By 1937 they didn't care anymore, until once war began and security began to be an issue again.

Thank you for the comments and information, much appreciated.
    John