Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock

Article about: This is my Finnish captured DP28 dated 1941, the stock does not feature the usual semi-circle woodwork but instead is fitted with a stock similar to a cut down Suomi K31. I think the upper a

Default 1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock

This is my Finnish captured DP28 dated 1941, the stock does not feature the usual semi-circle woodwork but instead is fitted with a stock similar to a cut down Suomi K31.
    I think the upper and lower receivers are from different guns.

I got it with the SA marked metal 3 magazine carrying case too.

Sorry for the bad focusing.
    1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock
    1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock

Is it normal for these that the deac certificate says the Country of Origin is Russia?
    Last edited by Loosewire; 12-29-2012 at 01:33 PM.

?

Default Re: 1941 Finnish DP28 with Suomi-style stock

Quote by Loosewire View Post
    This is my Finnish made or captured DP28 dated 1941
    Is it normal for these that the deac certificate says the Country of Origin is Russia?
    1. Captured. Finland didn't make DP-28 ever
    2. No. The country of origin have to be USSR

Last edited by ph3s; 12-29-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Nice DP.

One of the lads in our group has a Finnish capture one like yours.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I have one like this as well. Seems to have been a standard Finnish mod when these weapons needed repair.

If anyone knows where I can get a normal stock at a sensible price I would be interested.

Does anyone know when the magazine bag's replaced the tins.

Dont worry about the country of origin on the cert, I've a few that are miles off, A Bren from the USSR in 30-06 and another STEN from the USA. The cert is a nice part to go with the gun but has no legal standing. The important part is the proof marks on the gun although we cant actually call them proof marks, there deactivation stamps.

Keep an eye open for other Fin DP28s as you may find that another gun may having the matching parts to yours. I have matched 2 Brens this way now.

I second that on the stock M1910.

That would have been nice m3bobby but unfortunately it is new spec so I can't dismantle it as the cross-pin is welded to the receiver.

I would leave the wooden stock as is as its a Finnish made stock for the weapon , the magazine on the weapon is a Finnish made VKT magazine , you may find that your other magazines in the tin are Russiam marked or other VKT marked ,In Finland they made their own magazines for the DP as they captured alot of Russian DP and put them in use with the Finnish Army. you will find both Russian and VKT magazines that are SA marked from Finnish army use ,you may find also that your tin is also Finnish made if it is lacking the Russain star on the side of it

nice !!!!!

?

Good looking DP28 you have there

Brad.

I've just realised that the whole time I've had it the bipod has been on backwards, no wonder it kept trying to fall over!