Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans

Article about: Ignore the towel as the backdrop, only white towel we have at this moment. On to the rifle, Only matching part is the butt plate. This rifle was used heavily since it's last refurb, about 15

Default 1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans

Ignore the towel as the backdrop, only white towel we have at this moment. On to the rifle, Only matching part is the butt plate. This rifle was used heavily since it's last refurb, about 15-20% bluing left. Prewar style receiver with a highwall(tang is dated 1942) Ran into a major problem with the bolt when reassembling it and ended up having to cut the firing in in two with a hack saw to get the bolt body off. Cocking knob dates to before WW1(indicated by the serial number on it). Salvaged parts from my 37' Izhevsk to complete this one until I buy another firing pin. Got this for 120 OTD, bore is dark but has strong rifling
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans   1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans  

1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans   1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans  

1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans   1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans  

1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans  

Default Re: 1942 Tula 91/30 from the Balkans

Looks like your rifle has certainly seen some action. Why did you have to cut the firing pin!?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Looks like your rifle has certainly seen some action. Why did you have to cut the firing pin!?
    It froze into the cocking knob threads and wouldn't unscrew no matter what I tried, cutting it was the only option left. I'm gonna turn the longer part into a pin punch, so it doesn't go to waste

Ohhh... you cross threaded it... that *****. Did you know that one of the notches on the Mosin multi-tool can be used as a firing pin wrench? That tool is pretty handy!

?

That rifle has been shooting a lot. Maybe you should have had a pro gun smith taken a look at before hacking away?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    That rifle has been shooting a lot. Maybe you should have had a pro gun smith taken a look at before hacking away?
    Now that I think about it more, I probably should have but I've got the bolt together again and I'm working on getting the rest of the cut firing pin out. So far it's working good

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Ohhh... you cross threaded it... that *****. Did you know that one of the notches on the Mosin multi-tool can be used as a firing pin wrench? That tool is pretty handy!
    It's quite the handy tool, I use it for things around house. Gonna put one of these on my keychain at somepoint