Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1943 k98 mauser byf h 135 waffenamt vet bring back found in a german fox hole in belgium 1944

Article about: Shame on the rather humped repair of the stock. Sadly the rear sight assembly have been removed totally and likely lost forever. A bit pricey for the issues it has.

?

Default Re: 1943 k98 mauser byf h 135 waffenamt vet bring back found in a german fox hole in belgium 1944

Shame on the rather humped repair of the stock. Sadly the rear sight assembly have been removed totally and likely lost forever. A bit pricey for the issues it has.

Default Re: 1943 k98 mauser byf h 135 waffenamt vet bring back found in a german fox hole in belgium 1944

I have zero problem with that repair - the duffel cut is as much a part of it's history for me as the patina on the metal.

That price is very good, for a matching numbers Mauser (you cannot find a forcematched RC K98 for that anymore, and I love RC's) - Nice thanks for sharing - I would say it was an awesome find - especially considering the price of these types of rifle in Canada - they all seem to be about twice as much as down here.

Pit.

Agree with others who commented on the duffel cut. But pitfighter is indeed correct on his comment concerning the price of all matching Kar98s in the U.S. Even RCs are bringing some good money. Paid $300 for mine back in 95. it is a mixmatcher but has unpeened swastikas. might be worth trying to see if the cut could be remedied by a pro. Thanks for showing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2