Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1943 M44 Mosin Nagant

Article about: I have the opportunity to purchase this 1943 M44 Izhevsk Nagant. As many know there were only 50000 produce during that year of production as a trial run. Im a little tight on cash at the mo

?

Default 1943 M44 Mosin Nagant

I have the opportunity to purchase this 1943 M44 Izhevsk Nagant. As many know there were only 50000 produce during that year of production as a trial run. Im a little tight on cash at the moment but these dont come up to often, what do you guys think? The seller is asking 350$ +shipping.

1943 M44 Mosin Nagant
    1943 M44 Mosin Nagant
    1943 M44 Mosin Nagant
    1943 M44 Mosin Nagant

?

I could be wrong but with the crest cartouche on the stock rather than the square box with a diagonal line thru it leads me to believe it's not a common referb. I'd say the price is slightly high but a non refurb is harder to find these days.

?

looks like a refurb to me....one that has seen some use.
    Stock not over worked on refurb, would have been interesting, but now has many scratch.
    Ask more pictures.

Definitely a refurb. It's nice, and as you said fairly uncommon. I haven't followed prices in a couple of years, but it's really what you are willing to pay.

I would ask for a picture of the bore if you plan on shooting. If the bore looks good I'd ask to pay $300 but $350 isn't bad for an m44.

?

forgot to add its 350$CAD which is next to nothing in USD with our shitty economy right now ahahaha but yes i figured it for a refurb as most are and it would be a shooter, just not sure if I can spare the cash at the moment. I shall keep you guys posted if i can negotiate a deal.

?

would you guys suggest a stock restoration? strip the shellac and re-stain? Did a 91/30 stock and it turned out great.

$350 CAD is probably right on track. I wouldn't change the stock. Its over 70 years old. Scrathes don't hurt anything. If bubba had started cutting on it and carving Crappy designs in the side I would change it.

I don't think a stock restoration would do much to increase or decrease the value of this one. I say do what makes you happy.

I'm more a purist with these things. I'd leave it as is. Plus if you get overzealous with the sanding, you might lose that cartouche... It is yours to do as you please though! (If you get it)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast