Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1943 Mosin Nagant Tula ex-sniper reborn!

Article about: After a trip to the FedEx center and a scare that they could not find the box...I got home and got to look at my reborn ex-sniper. A pretty 1943 Tula in a laminate stock. George Tossan did t

?

Default 1943 Mosin Nagant Tula ex-sniper reborn! RANGE REPORT ADDED!

After a trip to the FedEx center and a scare that they could not find the box...I got home and got to look at my reborn ex-sniper. A pretty 1943 Tula in a laminate stock. George Tossan did the work for me to set her up as my back-up match rifle. I picked up the scope and mount from ncreptile - a nice 44 Kazan with great optics. I ended up having to go with an Accumounts rail since I could not find an original. The bore is superb.

Sorry for the pictures - as you can tell, the weather outside is not optimal for photos....but typical of field conditions. If it's not raining, it isn't training! I'm looking forward to taking her out to zero her soon - hopefully this weekend!!

This is from before I sent her to George.

And this is as she is today.

1943 Mosin Nagant Tula ex-sniper reborn! 1943 Mosin Nagant Tula ex-sniper reborn!

1943 Mosin Nagant Tula ex-sniper reborn! 1943 Mosin Nagant Tula ex-sniper reborn!

Last edited by MarkV; 03-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Default Re: 1943 Mosin Nagant Tula ex-sniper reborn!

Superb, love the look of the laminate stocks !!

That's a nice looking rifle!.......

A great looking rifle.
    I like the style of the photo, that improved the viewing.

Cheers
    Nuno

Very nice, Mark!

At first I thought the metal was heavily pitted... but then I realized that they were rain drops.

?

I love the grain of the laminate stock and, while it would not be original to the rifle, we've seen some refurbished PU sniper rifles come out of the latest batch of imports wearing laminate. Not many, but they are out there.

I may not have a chance to shoot ths one before the match in a few weeks, but I will be taking it along just in case we have some extra time to fire.

Nice looking gun..........theres always been a lot of interest in these old 'Mossies' amongst shooters here in the UK....I own a 1942 Izhevsk sniper rifle and two M44 Carbines, the carbines are fun but the sniper is a real pleasure to use, I did find it took a while to sight it in properly though..........not down to any problems with the gun more me getting used to a different sight picture and the fact that the reticle moves within the field of view when adjusted unlike modern scopes.....strange at first......let us know how you get on with it.

Wow thats a gem very nice gun how does it shot ??

?

I haven't had an opportunity to shoot this one much, yet. But, from all appearances, it should be a solid rifle. It is slated to be my back-up competition rifle - a partner to my '42 Izhevsk, which is an absolute tack-driver and also a restored ex-sniper.

I may have a chance to spend a little time on the range with it this weekend - the weather reports aren't promising at this point, though. I will let you know how it performs when I do.

great looking rifle.. I wish I knew where century found all these.
    Thank for showing us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast