Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1944 dp-28 lmg

Article about: Hi all and happy christmas! Latest acquisition this year is a DP-28 light machine gun. Really happy with this one, the MG itself is in very nice condition with only a few bangs and scratches

Very nice LMG.

?

Quote by tokarev View Post
    RP46 belt feed adapter - new manufacture or original? like to have on myself
    Both of the ones I own are original belt feed adapters and work flawlessly. Since I got my first one with my RP 46 I've never had to load a pan just got a few to try them out. After the first one never tried again. I got my 2nd belt feed device when I stumbled a complete parts kit for my RP 46. PKM belts work perfectly in the belt feed device. I've been offered quite a bit of money over the years for my 2nd one but never wanted to sell it since the thought of using the pans is a nightmare. I doubt my first one will ever break they are built like tanks but one never knows.The RP 46 is my favorite LMG even more so than my MG 34 or 42 due to its very light recoil to say nothing of the cheap ammo. It shoots anything i've put through it and only stops when the belt is empty.

1944 dp-28 lmg1944 dp-28 lmg1944 dp-28 lmg

De activated or cut up, thats the choice over here.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Well even in the US it would have had to be grandfathered in the 70"s or it would be deactivated or made semi auto at least .
    Not quite true. New machine gun manufacture or importation were prohibited by law in 1986. SOT's are allowed to build machine guns for their use but must be surrendered when their license is given up. These are called post ban mg's and can not be transferred to anyone else.

CBH
    ?

Quote by samnev View Post
    Not quite true. New machine gun manufacture or importation were prohibited by law in 1986. SOT's are allowed to build machine guns for their use but must be surrendered when their license is given up. These are called post ban mg's and can not be transferred to anyone else.
    Thanks for the details , I know one of the few grandfathered full auto collectors here in Canada . He has a wonderful collection that would be worth millions in the US , but are worth very little here in Canada due to the small group of collectors who could buy full auto . Here is a photo
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 dp-28 lmg  

tokarev
    ?

Samnev,
    Reason I asked was there was talk of someone making new belt feed mechanisms for the DP. I am a class II manufacturer so a post sample is my plan.

?

Quote by tokarev View Post
    Samnev,
    Reason I asked was there was talk of someone making new belt feed mechanisms for the DP. I am a class II manufacturer so a post sample is my plan.
    Tokarev,
    I've heard the same rumor over the years but it never came to fruition. Post sample is a good way to go as long as you don't ever surrender yor license.

There is actually a gentleman over in Snowflake that started work on the adapter. He does some great work and puts out some hard to find stuff but does take some time. Waiting on him to offer semi-auto DP receivers so I can get my DP28 and DPM put together. He plans to offer those and Bren receivers this spring in both 80% and 100%.

Quote by samnev View Post
    Tokarev,
    I've heard the same rumor over the years but it never came to fruition. Post sample is a good way to go as long as you don't ever surrender yor license.

We cant even have dectiv ones here in Aust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2