Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1944 Mosin Nagant

Article about: Hi, what about this one? The price is higher than the ones you are used to. Have no idea if the bayo matches the serials on the rifle and its a deact. What about condition, what are your opi

Default 1944 Mosin Nagant

Hi, what about this one?
    The price is higher than the ones you are used to.
    Have no idea if the bayo matches the serials on the rifle and its a deact.
    What about condition, what are your opinions?
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Mosin Nagant   1944 Mosin Nagant  

1944 Mosin Nagant  

Default Re: 1944 Mosin Nagant

Does it look good?
    Thanks.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

From what we have of pics it looks alright to me. A carbine model clearly. Also it looks like not having seem very much "action", the stock that is. The blueing in the bolt/chamber area seems to have been shooting a fair amount. It's almost gone.

looks like a refurbed m44
    this sites useful for the markings Russian and Soviet Mosin Nagant Marks the one you show definatly has the sovie barrel stamp but clearer pictures would be needed for the others it looks to be an Izhevsk post 1928 mark (arrow in triangle)

?

Btw. The coorect name for these rifles is "Винтовка Мосина", Vintovka Mosina. Vintovka means rifle. These rifles is NOT called Mosin-Nagant. Nagant had nothing to do with this rifle, but a tiny part of the box magazine. Nagant actually tried to steal some of the features from this rifle, thus having better chances to win the Government contract. He lost to Mosin, obviously.

Thank you for the replys.
    You have been very helpful.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

You're welcome. I hope my Mosin Vs. Nagant post did not sounded too harsh. In that case it was not intended.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    You're welcome. I hope my Mosin Vs. Nagant post did not sounded too harsh. In that case it was not intended.
    Not at all
    In fact, that was something i didnt knew.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Btw. The coorect name for these rifles is "Винтовка Мосина", Vintovka Mosina. Vintovka means rifle. These rifles is NOT called Mosin-Nagant. Nagant had nothing to do with this rifle, but a tiny part of the box magazine. Nagant actually tried to steal some of the features from this rifle, thus having better chances to win the Government contract. He lost to Mosin, obviously.
    brilliant information Datrus interesting that everyone calls it a M N

?

There are no numbers on bayo, so don't worry about that as well.

It's strange how can transcript make words sound different. Мосин -Mosin , in English it sounds like [mozen] it's [mossin] gents

if be more precise it's a carbine of Kabakow and Kamarins'ki based on Mosin rifle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast