Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danish Bergman Bayard

Article about: James B. Stewart wrote an excellent article in Gun Digest 1973, entitled "Bergmann System Military Pistols". He notes, "Sometime during 1912 or 1913 a very small quantity of t

Default Danish Bergman Bayard

Enjoy this Model 10/21 Danish Bergman Bayard.. Made in Denmark 1924 Cal. 9mm Bergman-Bayard.. BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish Bergman Bayard   Danish Bergman Bayard  

Danish Bergman Bayard   Danish Bergman Bayard  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: Danish Bergman Bayard

Were any of these Waffenampted for issue to German forces?

Johnnie

Quote by Johnnie View Post
    Were any of these Waffenampted for issue to German forces?

Johnnie
    Johnny, Yes there were the danish Bergman Model 10/21 can be found with WaA66 rework proofs, and some were converted to 9mm Luger calibre... There were also Belgian Bergmans purchased and captured in WW1 by the Germans.. I have a prewar Belgian bergman Bayard in my collection that is German Unit marked to a medical unit, And this weapon is featured on page 252 of Jan still's book ' CENTRAL POWER PISTOLS'.. Here are some picts that I took of the WW1 German issued Bergman Bayard...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish Bergman Bayard   Danish Bergman Bayard  

Danish Bergman Bayard  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Johnny, Yes there were the danish Bergman Model 10/21 can be found with WaA66 rework proofs, and some were converted to 9mm Luger calibre... There were also Belgian Bergmans purchased and captured in WW1 by the Germans.. I have a prewar Belgian bergman Bayard in my collection that is German Unit marked to a medical unit, And this weapon is featured on page 252 of Jan still's book ' CENTRAL POWER PISTOLS'.. Here are some picts that I took of the WW1 German issued Bergman Bayard...BILL

Great! Thanks for posting it!

Johnnie

?

You mention that the markings are for a WWI German Medical unit ("L.S.K.16.34."). What does the LSK stand for? I have seen two other Bergman-Bayards with this same marking, but neither had any German military acceptance marks. One author of an article on Bergmann-Bayards believes this marking is from a Greek police contract. Any more info?

Quote by gmkmd View Post
    You mention that the markings are for a WWI German Medical unit ("L.S.K.16.34."). What does the LSK stand for? I have seen two other Bergman-Bayards with this same marking, but neither had any German military acceptance marks. One author of an article on Bergmann-Bayards believes this marking is from a Greek police contract. Any more info?
    L.S.K. Identified by German Imperial Unit researcher Klaus Schad. In Jan Still's book CENTRAL POWERS PISTOLS Page 253 ..L.S.K.16.34 Landwher Sanitaets Kompanie Nr.16 Waffe No. 34.. Pistol was found with German manufactured Bergman Bayard Holster.. Please post the information on the Greek contract Bergman Bayards it would be of great interest to the members of NAPCA... BILL
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 11-12-2008 at 10:43 PM.

?

Very nice pistol in excellent quality. Does the German army use them in WW2 ?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Very nice pistol in excellent quality. Does the German army use them in WW2 ?
    Dimas, Yes some were used by the Germans in WW2 and can be found with a Waffenamt on them.. BILL

?

I'll look the article up and post the info. Does yours have any German army acceptance marks? I would think that would be a sine qua non for an issued weapon.

Quote by gmkmd View Post
    I'll look the article up and post the info. Does yours have any German army acceptance marks? I would think that would be a sine qua non for an issued weapon.
    There are no World War 1 German Issued Bergman Bayard Pistols known with German WW1 acceptance marks.. Per Still's book Central Powers Pistols...BILL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast