MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1st Range Report - '43 Tula Sniper

Article about: I took my AIM '43 Tula Sniper down to my range this afternoon. I posted the pics in the sniper earlier and I was a little worried because the lands and grooves seemed a bit worn at the end o

?

Default 1st Range Report - '43 Tula Sniper

I took my AIM '43 Tula Sniper down to my range this afternoon. I posted the pics in the sniper earlier and I was a little worried because the lands and grooves seemed a bit worn at the end of the barrel. But, it bullet test looked pretty good so I really didn't know what to expect.

I haven't had a chance to dig out and pour the concrete supports for my shooting bench yet so it isn't level - it cants forward. So, I had a hard time getting anything to support the barrel where I could get a comfortable sight-picture. After turning the sand-bag on its side I could get close.

I tried starting out at 100 yards but had not had a chance to bore sight the rifle. Bad move. 10 rounds and nothing on the paper. So, I moved back to 50 yards and did a fast bore sight with a laser light. That made all the difference. I fired the first round aiming center of mass and got nothing. So, I aimed at the bottom of the target and your can the results in Group 1. I made a sight adjustment and got Group 2. Then I settled down, made another slight windage adjustment and got Group 3 - with the last round being the lower left semi-flyer.

Despite it's age, wear and tear this rifle can still shoot better than me. I need to spend some time at the range!!

I love this rifle!!

1st Range Report - '43 Tula Sniper

Default Re: 1st Range Report - '43 Tula Sniper

Still a nice grouping and I am sure you had fun also

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: 1st Range Report - '43 Tula Sniper

Not bad at all!