Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle

Article about: Thats very true! Something about the burnt gunpowder in the air after a good day at the range brings history to life!

Default Re: 2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle

Thats very true! Something about the burnt gunpowder in the air after a good day at the range brings history to life!

The smell, the air, the taste, the burning eyes....gunpowder's touch on life.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

......hot shells down your shirt.........!

I think I'd fire the sportster and display the intact one.
    Hope this all comes to fruition for you Green,
    it looks like a good score !
    Regards,

Steve.

Talking Re: 2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle

I love gunpowder! Like Walkwolf said, Shoot the sporter as a fun gun, display the nicer one! (Maybe shoot it a few times...)

Thanks Steve

Hot casings will burn you, had it a couple times. I do hope this all works out. Never thought I'd own a K98 and then, out of nowhere, 2 show up! LOL Nearly crapped my pant from the excitement, and I'm not very easily excited. I'm cracking-up here Will shoot one or both just a few rounds each, then to the display case. Like shooting the Tommy Gun, a memory that will last forever.

Falling behind on posting some badges too. Have several to post but have been busy with family, work, and fishing....finally.

Green
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 03-23-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: error
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Great find Greenhorn. Let us know the markings and dates when you get a chance. Looks like someone cut down stock on the one but the unmolested one if all matching is worth about $1500 or more if all matching and in good shape. They keep going up in value. Have Backbone of The Wermacht book and will try to answer your questions if you have any.

mauser9

I am taking them to a friend that I trust before I do anything with these. I still haven't purchased them so will not post all details yet. Hoping to meet with my friend soon! Stay tuned for a full disclosure, including some of the vet's personal effects. I am "pumped-up" about this find and hope it all works in my favor!

Green

Many thanks for your reply Greenhorn and looking forward to hearing from you again. If interested you may enjoy Gun Boards Forum on line as there are many experts on K98 rifles that will be able to answer your questions concerning your rifles. just be careful when cleaning as the originals are skyrocketing in value. Hope you obtain them and Good Luck

Thanks for the nice post, mauser9.

As soon as I have the answers I'm looking for, they will be shared. I've failed miserably many times, so I'm humble and don't mind sharing my downfalls. I also like sharing my successes though

Green

?

nice finds Green. you will have fun shooting the sporterized one.
    andrew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast