Become our sponsor and display your banner here

2 old pepperboxs

Article about: i talked to one of the guys at cabellas and he looked at them and told me they are from around the 1830's or so and that they were probably naval. he said the bigger one was something that a

Smile 2 old pepperboxs

i talked to one of the guys at cabellas and he looked at them and told me they are from around the 1830's or so and that they were probably naval. he said the bigger one was something that a pirate would have.... i want to know if anyone else out there knows anything about these guns and possibly how much they would be worth!.

Default Re: 2 old pepperboxs

To be honest they look like junk.

I'm not convinced they are authentic - the standard of workmanship is extremely low.

Save your money.

?

Agreed Richie. The trigger guards in particular look terrible.Possible Khyber Pass lash ups I think.Keep Your money and get some thing better.

The thing is I already own them. I have for a long time just now got a chance to get them checked out. Them guy said it looked like they could have been under water for a bit to but was unsure. I was just seeing If they would be worth something.

It looks to me as if the barrels on the 'pepperbox' (on both) are separate tubes welded together, as opposed to a one piece multi-barrel made from a single billet of metal. If so this is a bad sign, as obviously, they didn't weld much in the 1830s.

Rob