Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation

Article about: Good Morning Bill I sent along a personal mail also. Anyway the pistol is all matching except the barrel is a few thousand off. Proper Belgian proof marks. The 4 circles which I "assume

Default FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation

Enjoy this FN Model 1922, 7.65mm pistol produced in Belgium under German occupation.. With Luftwaffe marked holster and accessories...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation   FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation  

FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation   FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation  

FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation   FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation  

Attached Images Attached Images FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Donald Finnicum
    ?

Default Re: FN Browning 1922 pistol made under German occupation

Bill, whats your guess on the value of the Browning 1922 7.65 with holster?

sweet rig.Love the holster!

padre
    ?

Nice rig
    Also known as the 'water pistol', I believe.

Bill,thought I had a few nice looking firearms,till I saw yours.Look forward to what you will post next.
    Paddy

BobbyB
    ?

Hi new to site.
    Just started looking at the Brownings, I'm picking up a Browning #1 1900 in Nickle from an estate, just waiting to clear. Has a Holster that looks like it could be French Military!!

padre
    ?

Quote by padre View Post
    Nice rig
    Also known as the 'water pistol', I believe.

In 1922, Browning modified the original 1910 pistol to suit requirements of the Jugoslavian military - he lenghtened barrel, enlarged the grip and magazine capacity by two rounds. The slide was lenghtened by adding removable frontal portion to the model 1910 slide.

Hi!
    Im new here. From Sweden
    Thanks for showing a nice gun.
    I also have an FN 1922 with german stampings (waA140).
    Mine is in a lot worse condition compared to Mr Bill Grist:s gun.
    According to the person who sold me the gun it came from the baltic states with fleeing german forces.
    Am I correct that WaA140 stamps indicate a gun produced late in the war?

Best regards
    Laplander

John Smiff
    ?

Greetings

Nice set up. Question: I recently acquired a nifty 1922. The Nazi markings have been tastefully pin punched out. What puzzles me is the EΣ 3431 mark on the right side of the slide. I've been told they are a greek partisan marking. Can anyone shed more light?

Quote by John Smiff View Post
    Greetings

Nice set up. Question: I recently acquired a nifty 1922. The Nazi markings have been tastefully pin punched out. What puzzles me is the EΣ 3431 mark on the right side of the slide. I've been told they are a greek partisan marking. Can anyone shed more light?
    They are not Greek Partisan markings...The Epsilon Sigma marking stands for Ellynikis Etrato (Hellinic Army) Greek Army, the number is a issue number...The FN 9MMk Model 1922 pistol was the official side arm of the Greek Army from 1926 to 1941, 9980 pistols were purchased by Greece in 1926..the order was shipped from FN on May 1, 1926. I do not understand the German markings on this contract pistol... Is it all matching.....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast