Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

29M and holster Info

Article about: I am looking for some info on this pistol, Who would have used this pistol and holster. It was captured near St. Lo by a 35th Div. Silver Star soldier. I have the capture papers for this pis

Default 29M and holster Info

I am looking for some info on this pistol, Who would have used this pistol and holster. It was captured near St. Lo by a 35th Div. Silver Star soldier. I have the capture papers for this pistol. Just wanted some backround on the use of this pistol by German forces. Thanks in advance.

Phil

?

Default Re: 29M and holster Info

Hungarian made Femaru M37 7.65 mm ? Id better hand you over to the experts now.Some of the guys on here have probably forgotten more than I know bout pistols

This pistol is one of many types produced for the German armed forces by their allies and occupied enemy states-many types but usually in a small number of calibres-7.65mm and 9mm short were the most common for 'pocket' pistols which were widely distributed as officers weapons as well as non direct combatant troops (drivers, clerks etc)-a contract for 85,000 P Mod 37 kal 7.65 pistols for the Luftwaffe was ordered in 1941 from Hungary but the constant demand for all types of weapons meant that was just the start of German use of these.

Thanks for the info

Phil