MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Series Nambu Type 14

Article about: I picked up a good condition 2nd series for reference. The gun is all matching but the mag is not. I am not knowledgeable enough yet to know the correct period for the mag. My reference book

Default 2nd Series Nambu Type 14

I picked up a good condition 2nd series for reference. The gun is all matching but the mag is not. I am not knowledgeable enough yet to know the correct period for the mag. My reference books do not go that in depth. Help with what it what that would be correct with is appreciated. The grip panels are numbered. The firing ping and follower are not numbered. Did not come with any other accessories. It is also interesting the barrel and extension are turning to a plumb color. It does not show up well in the photos but does so in hand, not drastic but has started that direction. Any information is always appreciated.
    John

2nd Series Nambu Type 142nd Series Nambu Type 142nd Series Nambu Type 142nd Series Nambu Type 142nd Series Nambu Type 142nd Series Nambu Type 142nd Series Nambu Type 14

Nice looking 1944/June Nambu. John, great find.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thank you Marty, I did not have this month of production in collection. The mag is from an earlier production. This one should have slightly larger number, but the same inspector marking from what I have learned.
    John

MAP
    ?

That is a beauty John. I like it.

Probably just me but I always think that skinny barrel creates an optical illusion when photographed. I always looks like the barrel is bending down.........
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    My reference books do not go that in depth
    Derby/Browns book does - do you have it?