Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

gun solvents and oils...

Article about: does anyone know what solvents and oils were used (by both sides) in arms maintanance during ww2? are they still available?

Default gun solvents and oils...

does anyone know what solvents and oils were used (by both sides) in arms maintanance during ww2? are they still available?

?

Default Re: gun solvents and oils...

Here is some US issued stuff, I think it`s WW2, they still sell this at gunshows in Canada.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture gun solvents and oils...  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

nice, anyone know about the german side?

?

Quote by duchamp View Post
    nice, anyone know about the german side?
    They used an oil called Kroil, I saw some at the last gunshow but didn`t buy any.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The Germans in WW2 used BALLISTOL..It can be purchased over the net and there is plenty written about it on the net......Kroil is a modern pentrating oil manufactured in Knoxville,Tenn by Kano Labs it to can be found on the net...BILL

The World's Most Use-ful & Environmentally Friendly Lubricant

kroil

KanoLabs.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture gun solvents and oils...  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Here is some US issued stuff, I think it`s WW2, they still sell this at gunshows in Canada.
    Zwerge, The middle oil is LSA, this is Viet-Nam era goo not worth using awful stuff...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Red face Re: gun solvents and oils...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Zwerge, The middle oil is LSA, this is Viet-Nam era goo not worth using awful stuff...BILL
    Thanks Bill,I do get things wrong sometimes..
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

thanks a lot!