Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

66mm M72 Rocket Launcher

Article about: The rocket is gone,I know not where.

Default Re: 66mm M72 Rocket Launcher

Quote by superslik View Post
    i have one of these 66 mm rocket launchers, spent of course and it is for sale .
    it was appraised by an appraiser from the antique road show, he said it was worth between 900 and $1200.00 or could go higher at an auction, is this true ?
    it was given to me by a very good friend of mine who actually brought it back from vietnam, he served 4 tours in vietnam, his name is Ralph Mooty, buried in florida at the veterans memorial park. he gave me alot of stuff he brought back before he passed away. and by the way it said on his death certificate he died from complications of agent orange, but no doctors mention this until his death. anyways i would like to know what its worth and if their are any collectors out there who would like to purchase it. please contact me. super_slik_1@yahoo.com, or 352 459 7411, thank you for any info. Neil Rutherford

M72A2 tubes with all the caps etc. are available on the net for around $400-450. I saw one in a surplus shop in Billings, Montana back in '96-'97 for $195.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Are they going for that much now? Holy smokes........seems like only a few years ago you could get them for around $100....but since everything else has skyrocketed, (no pun intended) I suppose $400 is about right. Damn....wish I had kept mine now......I had a nice 1966 dated one that I gave to a young friend who was just starting out collecting......hope he still has it!

?

Smile Re: 66mm M72 Rocket Launcher

Quote by big ned View Post
    M72A2 tubes with all the caps etc. are available on the net for around $400-450. I saw one in a surplus shop in Billings, Montana back in '96-'97 for $195.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks for the info Ned, I was given mine back in the late 70`s. ...Zwerge..
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I wish I bought the ones I saw. 100 dollars each.

$100
    I got mine for $40 in Norway

?

i got one for sale, us army 66 MM, ANTI TANK M72....2-67

I remember a few years ago, a guy had boxes of these at Malvern for £50 each. Glad I got one as they seem to have sky rocketed

The problem with these in the UK is that you need a UK Deact Cert with it , last two years at the Betring show the police were taking them from sellers who didnt have a Deact Cert for them as they can be reloaded and reused so classed as a weapon so be warned

I have fired many of them... had a malfunction with one and it did not leave the tube, so the proper way to dispose of one is to reverse the tube under your arm so the front in points toward the target, I took 5 steps leaving the range and it went off exploding in the top of a palm tree...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Remember firing of many of these in the 80's at Vogelsang in the Eifel, Great fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast